Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,972   Online: 1007

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica SQ-am film advance problem

I'm posting this in case I've missed something obvious.
    I've just purchased a second hand Bronica SQ-am with a motorized film advance.
    Symptoms:
    With no film loaded in the back the film-advance runs and shutter/mirror/baffle operates when pressing the shutter-button. (Don't know if this is right or not).
    With film loaded in the back, everything works exept the film is NOT advanced, neither is the counter increasing frame numbers.
    The gear in the camera itself runs when pressing the shutter-button, and the gear in the film-back operates normally, advancing film when turned manually and counting frames.
    Neither gears have broken teeth and looks good.
    By removing the back itself and pushing the film insert cartridge onto the camera-housing the gear inside the camera connects with the gear in the film insert cartridge and will move the takeup spool, but when mounted in the film back it will not. It seems like the gears aren't connecting when the back is assembled in the normal way. The gear inside the camera can be pushed inwards as it seems to be spring loaded.
    I have not tried the camera with new film, only a test roll that I use for testing things, so perhaps there's a problem with my test roll, or am I overlooking something obvious here?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry for any inconvenience. The multiexposure lever was a bit loose and indicated that the camera was NOT in multiexposure-mode when it in fact was.
    I tightened the lever and set it to normal, and now the camera advances film and is counting frames.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try to move the multiple exposure switch (right side, between the body and handle) upwards, so the red dot is not visible. SQ-am should not fire when no film is loaded, except when it's in the multiple exposure mode.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The lever you mention was in the correct position, but since it was loose it was only the lever and not the mecanism itself that was in the non-multiple exp. position. Once tightened the camera works normally.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin