Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,712   Online: 923

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleiflex 2,8 GX light meter

Hi all,

since this forum and website have been a wonderful source of information for me, I am turning to the forums because of a technical difficulty/failure.

The light meter on my camera (mentioned above) suddenly stopped working. I tried two different new batteries, nothing happened. So i guess it is broke . Does anybody else know this? and how to proceed? I am living in Austria, so Frank&Heidecke would be in reasonably range. Has anybody ever used their repair services?

And last but not least, what kind of cost do I have to expect for a new light meter/repair?

Thank you very much for your help,

Remyxomatosis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F&H service is good so there should not be any hesitation to send it in.
    But for sure: Check some basic things with them on the phone before sending in. I am not informed on all details for your Rollei 2,8 GX so maybe you forgot something very basic because these type of cameras are pretty sturdy and from good if not excellent quality.

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thank you robert for your help!

I was contacting F&H today and they really seem to know what they are doing. They told me some basic test to check the camera myself, since none of them worked I have to send it in.

Cheers,

Remyxomatosis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Remy--
    I know that this is a little late for a reply, but I just joined and here goes. I have a 75th Year Gold Anniversary model, which is essentially a GX. My light meter quits working, in order to save battery, on a regular basis. Simply partially depress the shutter release and it will start working again, assuming this is the trouble. If the battery check light works, then the light meter is probably O.K., too.
    Geo.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin