Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,884   Online: 966

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Carrying 120 rolls safely...

Whenever I carry 120 roll films, I'm afraid I may pressure damage them. That is, if they bang around too much and something solid and sharp hits their surface, such can potentially dent the film leading to damage.

I know Freestyle has 120 film protector that looks like an over-sized 135 film canister but are there anything else?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A small tupperware container--especially for humid Florida. Use a small piece of bubble wrap to take up any extra space.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a choke case from Gander Mountain & cut the dividers out of it. It holds four.j
    Any gun/sporting goods joint should have something like it.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If there is a TAP Plastics near you, they have clear (well, milky) plastic cases that hold 120 rolls, with a flip lid. Exactly like the black cases ADOX film comes in, and myabe what Freestyle sells. This works well form e since I can stuff rolls in various nooks and crannies. If you want them all in one place, others' ideas sound good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Depending on how much i carry of the stuff, i either keep them in the cardboard packs they come in, tucked in between the soft padding and the outer walls of my bags, or 'bunch' them in a small LowePro "film organizer" bag. Never a problem.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji once offered a two-piece plastic case with cavities for three rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few of the Adox containers, and they and other sorts of containers are handy sometimes. But the film isn't that fragile in practice. Incidental bumping around in the camera bag or your pockets isn't a problem.

Recently, I ordered some film from one of the retailers in NYC, expecting to get a of 5 roll box. What arrived was 5 rolls bundled with a rubber band, bumping along under the air pillows with the other stuff I bought. I was concerned, but it was fine.

For storage in the fridge I have a Plano #3504 "utility box" I got in the fishing section of a sporting goods store which fits 120 rolls very nicely. It has dividers so that different films can be organized into their own sections. It's big enough for 20 - 25 rolls, more if you don't use the dividers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only carry a few extra rolls of 120 inmy gear bag, they reside in Adox canisters which are very convenient and were free with the purchase of the Adox film.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format

what me worry?!??

in 25 years of using 120 film, i never did anything special - threw it in the bag and didn't think about it till i was reloading a back... never a problem!

ignorance is bliss!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ditto

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin