Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,767   Online: 855

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Manfrotto 190 seems more than sturdy enough for the Hasselblad. I normally use the 055 except when it is in use or am in need of a smaller, lighter tripod such as travelling by air.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    My initial thoughts are if you want a easily transportable, lightweight, stable tripod suitable for a medium format SLR you're going to have to be prepared to pay much more for it than £150 - $200 for it.
    And why would that be? What's your recommendation within the OP's price/weight constraints?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockcoulee View Post
    Manfrotto 190 seems more than sturdy enough for the Hasselblad.
    It is stable/sturdy enough. I use one with Hassy and lens up to 150mm on a 486 ball head. With bigger lenses it might not work so well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have no specific recommendation, what I was saying was that the O.Ps expectations for the price he stated were unrealistic, there are several Carbon Fibre ones in the Gitzo and manfrotto range that would be suitable for his requirements, but not within his price constraints.
    Ben

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have no specific recommendation, what I was saying was that the O.Ps expectations for the price he stated were unrealistic, there are several Carbon Fibre ones in the Gitzo and manfrotto range that would be suitable for his requirements, but not within his price constraints.
    That's what I thought. For those who actually use them with the equipment described, aluminum Manfrottos like the the small 190 or the larger 055 hit a sweet spot for stability/price/weight. I use several Manfrottos including the older CarbonOne 440--lighter but less stable than the 055.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    That's what I thought. For those who actually use them with the equipment described, aluminum Manfrottos like the the small 190 or the larger 055 hit a sweet spot for stability/price/weight. I use several Manfrottos including the older CarbonOne 440--lighter but less stable than the 055.
    I've been using a Manfrotto 055 Aluminium tripod for about twenty three years and Although I agree it would be fine for a Hasselblad at about 14 1/2 pounds without a head in no way is it lightweight to me, but it depends what the prospective purchaser considers to be lightweight, but I still maintain that really lightweight,transportable and stable tripods are expensive
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tiltall. Been using a leitz tiltall for close to 20 years now with a variety of camera. I've used others too of course. I actually think pretty highly of the new tiltalls too as they come with a carrying bag and can turn into a monopod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... a Hasselblad at about 14 1/2 pounds without a head ...
    14.5 lbs?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you pre release the mirror you can use just about any tripod you like with a Hasselblad (unless it is very windy)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the advice, I'll look at the Manfrotto and also the Feisol models. There is a Jessops carbon fibre model which looks good, and it's cheap, so I'll check that out too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin