Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,152   Online: 824

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have three tripods that all work with a Hasselblad - a Bogen that also can take a 4x5, an old faithful Tiltall from when they were Leitz and a lightweight Gitzo carbon fiber. What was not mentioned was what lenses are to be used on the camera. If you are going very long a heavier tripod is necessary. My Gitzo can handle up to a 250mm lens with a cable release but not in a strong wind.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    I have three tripods that all work with a Hasselblad - a Bogen that also can take a 4x5, an old faithful Tiltall from when they were Leitz and a lightweight Gitzo carbon fiber. What was not mentioned was what lenses are to be used on the camera. If you are going very long a heavier tripod is necessary. My Gitzo can handle up to a 250mm lens with a cable release but not in a strong wind.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com
    Can any of these be bought for around $200, and are they lightweight and stable, because that's what the O. P specified in the original post ?
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Manfrotto 190. Works great. I have a 486 ball on it, which is generally the limitation in stability as weight goes up.
    Have/had Mamiya RB, Rollei 6003, Hasselblad, Nikonos, Canon EOS, Leica R, Fuji Instax...and some other stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Benjiboy's going to love this one. ;P
    Bogen 3001 with a 3030 fluid head on it.
    If you're not using 30&40mm or greater than 250mm it works fine. It's not going to be Gitzo like. Who cares.
    The legs weigh 4 lbs are less than 21" collapsed and stands 46" w/o the center column. ctr column is about 9" long. Add another 4-5" for a head and you're under $200. and most likely under 6.5 lbs. Cut the excess column off and you save another 1-2oz. The base is about 37" per side. so it's pretty stable
    This assumes a Waist level finder. With a 45 degree prism finder it's OK. With the 90 it's not so fine.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I rest my case.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is my recommendation: KIT 804RC2-190XB Manfrotto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The original tiltall made in New Jersey. It's plenty for a Hassy, even with a 250mm (longest I have).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I rest my case.
    Bogen 3001 is same as Manfrotto 190.

(BTW, with a ball head that combiantion works quite well with the 90 deg finder.)

The case had been made long ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found one thing, when i bought my Gitzo 5 series and 3 series i never look back at any tripod at all and i never worry about the weight, i have Manfrotto 190XProB and it will never cut weight of most of heavy equipment, so i went with Gitzo first with 1 series then upgraded to 2,3,5 series and i couldn't be happy, i know that i spend thousands on them but those thousands are spent once and saved me for years and years of replacing and upgrading, i bought 1 series first for travel and it worked great but i found that it couldn't handle much heavy gear so i bought 2,3 to be in place of 1 series for travel, and 5 series Gitzo i use always for my normal shooting in my country everywhere, it is my best tripod ever, and i was using Manfrotto 190XPROB with my medium formats [except the digital one] because i didn't have plates to use with my ballhead, but i bought almost all the plates i need to use with my ballhead on Gitzo so soon i will get rid of my Manfrotto tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Another option...

... the Hakuba 503MX. Seems to sell at your price range now days:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...3_Section.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin