Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,480   Online: 952
      
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    261

    Surplus Shed wonder lens

    Has anyone tried this 105=150mm zoom MF lens?

    http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l10514.html

    Computar I think is a subsidiary of Pentax.

    David

  2. #2
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,348
    Never heard about it. But is a zoom-factor of 1.5 really something to go for?

    Does it have an aperture?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,000
    No. Fixed (but varying depending on zoom) aperture.

  4. #4
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    Has anyone tried this 105=150mm zoom MF lens?

    http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l10514.html

    Computar I think is a subsidiary of Pentax.

    David
    Pentax used to make lenses for CCTV called Cosmicar.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  5. #5
    winger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Page County, IA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,387
    Images
    47
    Where it says "medium format portrait camera" it makes me think of the old Polaroid cameras for passports and mugshots (which have been replaced now by digi P&S). I don't know if they were known for quality.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,000
    There is a thread about this on another forum. They say this was for a Camerex camera.

  7. #7
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Where it says "medium format portrait camera" it makes me think of the old Polaroid cameras for passports and mugshots (which have been replaced now by digi P&S). I don't know if they were known for quality.
    I remember those. They were usually fixed focus, at 5 feet or something. I remember standing on a mark on the floor while the person with the camera stood on another mark. It was for ID badges at places I worked.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  8. #8
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,348
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    There is a thread about this on another forum. They say this was for a Camerex camera.

    You mean: Camerz

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,000
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    You mean: Camerz
    Thanks. My goof. Darn keyboard... typos must be the keyboard's fault.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin