Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,831   Online: 1113

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thread size & pitch of pre-war Bessa 6x9 RF (w/ Skopar)

Hi all,

What is the exact size (and pitch) of the threads in front of the Skopar lens of pre-war Bessa 6x9 RF?

TIA,
    Loris.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If nobody has a correct answer you may have to use a thread pitch gauge to find out. (Maybe borrow from a machine shop..)
    These inside threads can be tricky to measure.
    (I once machined with trial-and-error method a metal lens hood to my Mamiya-Sekor (1959) with a lathe and had to make a tool for it. If my memory serves me right this M40.5 thread had a pitch of 0.75mm and had an angle of 50 degrees.)
    Have a look at these: http://www.gewinde-normen.de/en/camera-mount.html

I found it! Mr Butkus's manual says "37mm"
    Have a go: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/voigtla...df_manuals.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pitchgage-2head-metric.jpg  
    Last edited by Jojje; 12-15-2010 at 09:35 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: new information

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    37mm push-on, not screw-on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I knew it. Sounded too easy...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all, I'm aware about the 37mm push-on. I noticed there are threads in the inner side of the filter ring, I was planning to use a step-up ring (there are shops producing step-up rings for odd sized filter threads) to a more usual filter size (39mm for instance) and use accessories (a lens hood - most importantly!) designed for it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin