Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,103   Online: 804

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I popped open a fresh pack of FP100C for Christmas and it works great in the NPC Polaroid Land back I have on my RB67. New chemicals work great.

Anyone know how soon I should finish off the 10 pack? I know from the old one that was in my back that they don't last forever but will they last a few weeks or should I finish it off quick once it's been opened? The data sheet says to expose the film as soon as possible after opening. Not sure if I should save the rest of the pack for my daughter's birthday in a few weeks or blow the rest during the holidays. I should probably get a fresh pack for the birthday...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    I popped open a fresh pack of FP100C for Christmas and it works great in the NPC Polaroid Land back I have on my RB67. New chemicals work great.

Anyone know how soon I should finish off the 10 pack? I know from the old one that was in my back that they don't last forever but will they last a few weeks or should I finish it off quick once it's been opened? The data sheet says to expose the film as soon as possible after opening. Not sure if I should save the rest of the pack for my daughter's birthday in a few weeks or blow the rest during the holidays. I should probably get a fresh pack for the birthday...
    Your call. I'd be tempted to shoot it up for the holidays and call it quits. It will hold, though, just by keeping it cool(not a problem in balmy Guelph)but not much more than a few weeks. At those prices it should clear why instant film backs are so cheap now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Who was I kidding, 10 shots went quickly...

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At that price? I don't know, $25 seems like a lot for 10 shots but when I consider that local processing of a 120 roll with 4" prints is $12, the convenience of instant processing seems worth it to me. I think I'm going to buy a bunch more FP100C and will try some FP100B as well. It's fun! And if I don't buy any it will be gone and then my Polaroid back will be a paperweight which would be sad, don't you think?

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Film only lasts a few weeks?

Wow, I was reading about your instructions on using insant film and how it got into a discussion of the short life of instant film. I used Polaroids back in the '70's and '80's and never had a problem with them drying up. Ofcourse I was taking a lot of pictures then and probably used up a pack in a month or so, but I think I might have had a few that were in my camera for several months without any problems. Ofcourse back then it was 8 exposures and now Fuji makes it in 10 exposures, so othey went faster too. I even once had a model 180 but sold it. (My Indian name must be 'He Who Sells Hot Cameras For a Song"). I bought a Polaroid back for my RB and have not used it yet but I certainly would hope film will last more than a few weeks! Even a digital camera can't come close to the fun of an instant print for some reason. The magic of holding a picture in your hand that was taken a few minutes ago is not the same as printing it out from a computer. Have fun! Ric.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    At that price? I don't know, $25 seems like a lot for 10 shots but when I consider that local processing of a 120 roll with 4" prints is $12, the convenience of instant processing seems worth it to me. I think I'm going to buy a bunch more FP100C and will try some FP100B as well. It's fun! And if I don't buy any it will be gone and then my Polaroid back will be a paperweight which would be sad, don't you think?
    Check B&H prices--a bit less than 1/2 the going TO prices. No denying that it's fun but not at $2.50/shot with no neg.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Check B&H prices--a bit less than 1/2 the going TO prices. No denying that it's fun but not at $2.50/shot with no neg.
    You can get the negs by using clorine bleach to remove the backing. There's a thread about it around here somewhere.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It really is fun. I haven't used Polaroid since the '70s and '80s but it was always fun. The Fuji instant seems quite good, seems better quality not sure if it is the film or the Mamiya RB67 lenses.

B&H, $10 a pack wow! Now they have ground shipping to Canada too, 9 packs is $8.22 shipping, 10 packs goes up to $9.62 shipping, 14 packs seems to be another threashold $11.42 shipping. Wow, great prices. At $11/pack total that isn't too bad really, $1.10/shot and if you want to make copies there are always internegs for more prints.

Just makes me wish I had a 6x9 Polaroid back on some camera though the RB67 is already pretty darned heavy with the prism finder and flash bracket in place. I looked on eBay and couldn't even see any 6x9 Polaroid backs for anything but perhaps I had the wrong search terms.

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin