Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,963   Online: 1142

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Using a ground glass with Koni-Omega--anyone know how?

I have the ground glass attachment for my Koni-Omega, and as I'd just gotten my K-O back from the shop, I wanted to give it a try. One thing I want to check is whether my rangefinder is accurate--some shots on the first rolls I put through it suggest it is not.

I've taken the back off and inserted the ground glass in its place, but I can't figure out how to get the shutter to open with no back. (And, no, I am not even certain I have the ground glass inserted correctly.) Is there a way to trick the locking mechanism?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Leave the back on, take out the insert and put the GG on the film plane rails, that is where the focusing has to happen, on the film.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If this is a Rapid M, then follow the above advice. Just make sure to put the ground side of the ground glass towards the lens. You'll need to leave the magazine in with the dark slide removed. The film back with the pressure plate and pull-out cocking arm is not part of the interlock system. Also, make sure that the shutter lock collar around the shutter button isn't locked-I don't mean to point out the obvious, but it's caught me a few times. You can cock the lens manually by using the lever on the bottom of the lens.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    which Koni?
    There are quite a few and I think 2 or 3 different back configurations.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It is a Rapid M. I see--my mistake was to remove the entire film magazine, rather than just the back part. I'll have to try this again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I tried again with the front part of the magazine in, and the gg snapped into place right where it was supposed to, and it worked great. Thanks for the help.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin