Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,078   Online: 914

Thread: Pronto shutter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Pronto shutter

Somebody asked the question and I can't find the post. The question is on the Pronto shutter are the speeds variable from one setting to another or are they distinct steps? I am refurbishing an Agfa Billy Pronto shutter and it appears that it is only specific speeds per selection.

You can see below the bulb "b" each speed has it's own distinct setting.
    That might differ on other shutters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not sure wether I've got the question right:
    every Pronto-shutter looks like yours. It has got the 25, 50, 100, 200 (/250
    nevertheless they're never really faster than 1/200 ) markings and these are the distinct steps to which it can be set.
    The selectable shutter-speeds vary only between the different types of shutters made by AGC. The Pronto is pretty much the "very basic version" of the Prontor, which has an extra set of drives to it where yours has some empty space on the top right of the casing. (Hope I remember the position correctly.)
    There is no variability in shutter speed between two settings. It is either (e.g.) 50 or 100; never sth. like 1/80.
    Hope that answers your question

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin