Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,534   Online: 1128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Polaroid Back For RZ67 Pro?

Which Polaroid back is the right one to work on a RZ67 Pro and currently available polaroid film? It seems there are different Polaroid backs that say they will work on an RZ, but I want to be sure before I buy one. Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a RB67 but the backs are similar. I got some Fuji FP-100C film for mine.

http://www.reznitsky.info/Mamiya/Comchart.htm

http://rb67.helluin.org/polaroid/
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Probably you want the back for 3 1/4 x 4 1/4" (8.5 x 10.8 cm) polaroid/fujiroid pack film. I have this back and alas it has no model number on it, but you can probably look it up at keh. The main distinguishing characteristic of this back, compared to the analogous rb one, is that it has a circle surrounding the square image frame, and this circle cuts (very annoyingly!) into the image a little bit on all four corners. The rz back can also be recognized by three metal contacts and an ISO knob, whereas my rb one does not. Oh and the rz one says rz on it

On the rb, I sometimes shoot 4x5 polaroid instant sheets. You can get a 545i back and do that on the rz as well, but... unless you have a stash of 4x5 polaroid or want to shoot some quickload squares, it's probably not worth it.
    Last edited by keithwms; 12-19-2010 at 05:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thank you, but the RZ backs are different from the RB and thats what I'm having trouble with. I'm trying to learn what the compatible Polaroid back model is that will work with my camera and currently available film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I was just telling you how to tell the rb and rz backs apart, visually. You might find model numbers at mamiya usa, but I am saying that I don't see the model #s on the backs themselves, so whoever is selling them probably won't know what those numbers are. Check at KEH, they do a good job of sorting them properly. Anyway the back you want is for 3 1/4" pack film. And that film is currently available and very nice. Try fuji fp100b and fp100c in particular. You can do lovely emulsion lifts with the fp100c.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fp100b is 100 ISO black and white and fp100c is 100 ISO color BTW. Both seem to be currently available, the B&W is a bit cheaper.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here ya go, a picture and a model number...

http://www.mamiya-usa.com/rz67-pro-i...ck-holder.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Well, I was just telling you how to tell the rb and rz backs apart, visually. You might find model numbers at mamiya usa, but I am saying that I don't see the model #s on the backs themselves, so whoever is selling them probably won't know what those numbers are. Check at KEH, they do a good job of sorting them properly. Anyway the back you want is for 3 1/4" pack film. And that film is currently available and very nice. Try fuji fp100b and fp100c in particular. You can do lovely emulsion lifts with the fp100c.
    Thanks. I'm sorry my original reply was to another member about the differences of the RB&RZ, and I forgot to reply with quote. Anyway, thanks for this info on the currently available film. I looked at KEH but one they call the model 3 or something and it ony shows a picture of one side. But another one they have shows the other side of it with the round section you mentioned. Which is like all the RZ backs. Thanks again.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Thank you again. Very helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mf

Thank you again. Very helpful.
    I can't see it on my mobile, but is there an analogous one for the RB. I don't have the RZ, but I sure would like to use the Fuji pack film on my RB.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin