Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,326   Online: 742

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... and Pro II backs use light labyrinths instead foam, so no refoaming issues.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From what I understand make sure the RZ is as late a model as possible. The early ones had a serial number that started with the letter "H". I was told (repair guy) that RZ's had refinements along the way. The electronics will be newer too, which is good. I have an "H" which is fine, but the mirror coming up when I fire it seems quite a bit harsher than the later ones I have tried. Other than that it's an amazing camera whether it's an RZ or Pro II

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Save the money from buying the RZ67 Pro and put it towards another lens or the very useful combination of Left Grip (with shutter release) and Winder.

I have both types of RZ and in practical terms there's nothing to choose between them - I've never needed the fine focusing capability when using the old cameras and only once on the ProII with a tricky macro shot using the tilt/shift adapter. The older RZ represents one of the true bargains in second-hand gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vlasta View Post
    ... and Pro II backs use light labyrinths instead foam, so no refoaming issues.
    A big plus...!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and it attaches to Pro I with no loss of functionality???
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    and it attaches to Pro I with no loss of functionality???
    If you are asking if a Pro II back will mount on a Pro Body with no loss of functionality then yes.

It actually adds functionality because the Pro II backs have an extra frame #indicator window that is easily seen when the back is rotated. The Pro back only has one window.

I don't care about that feature but the lack of foam seals is why I have all Pro II backs in my kit w/RZ Pro body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry if i talk about digital, but what is the different between Pro II and Pro IID? Are both camera the same or something different for digital part?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are the same except IID has additional electrical contacts on the back side
    for eventual digital backs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vlasta View Post
    They are the same except IID has additional electrical contacts on the back side
    for eventual digital backs.
    I see, and that additional electrical contact can be purchased separately and added later or i should buy a body coming along ready with that contacts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are integral part of the IID body.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin