Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,045   Online: 901

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bronica GS-1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Joe, I too am a proud owner. Many have pointed no rotating back and small lens selection and to that I say how many do most people have that they actually use, 3 maybe 4. I can also turn my wrist faster than than it takes to rotate a back, and mounted on tripod, vertical is one hand lever away. Tamron did this one right, lens clarity is superb. I was lucky enough to find one with an 80mm 2.8 which I believe was only made near the end of production.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ludwig View Post
    I was lucky enough to find one with an 80mm 2.8 which I believe was only made near the end of production.
    I'd like to hear more about this - I thought their 80mm was only f/3.5??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ludwig View Post
    Many have pointed no rotating back and small lens selection and to that I say how many do most people have that they actually use, 3 maybe 4.
    This is a great point Dave, I've got a 50mm and 80mm for my SQA and I can't imagine needing anything more than mabe a 150mm or 180mm telephoto. I don't think that I will find the slim lens selection a problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica GF-1

I also purchased one last week and waiting to test it out. I have the 150 lense for my portraits and NOT sure if I should buy the 65 for groups. I mainly use my Canon 5D MK2 for my weddings BUT I want to use this for my portraits. Cant wait to try it. Just a question off the subject: What lab do you recommend that will do a nice job in developing and proofs AND I know that the film will have to be HI res. scanned to make any adjustments with PS. rollsman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, I would like to tag a long in the discussion since I am on the fence between GS-1 and RZ67. I know there has been a lot of discussion. My main question is this.
    Which is worse:
    1. Using GS-1 for portrait on a tripod (assume non-rotating prism), OR
    2. Using RZ67 handheld

Also, i cannot find any picture comparing the size between the two. Does anybody have both and care to take a side by side picture?
    Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bwidjaja View Post
    Which is worse:
    1. Using GS-1 for portrait on a tripod (assume non-rotating prism), OR
    2. Using RZ67 handheld
    This should be interesting.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry Folks, My mistake, Tony is right it is 80mm 3.5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used a GS-1 that was loaned to me and as much as I like the ETRS, had I tried the GS-1 at the time I opted for the ETRS, I'd have opted for it instead. Having the 6x7, 6x6 and 645 formats would have satisfied me even at the loss of the 35mm capability I use quite a bit with my ETRS. As for lenses, I have a decent selection but in the end only use 2 for most of my work.

The beauty of the Bronica system for me is the shutter in lens vs shutter on body and the ability to build a camera that feels good and meets the want of the moment in versitility.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I owned a GS-1 for years, and tried a RB67 before.

Using an RB67 handheld means in the first line, you have to carry it to the place where you want to use it. If you are always in a studio or if you live in your car and never walk, or if you have an assistant, it's a great camera, especially for macro shots I myself hated it because it is simply too big and too heavy.

Using a GS-1 on a tripod is no problem as long as you use the prism finder. The waist level finder is useless if you want to take shots in portrait mode. It's a great camera, surprisingly small and lightweight, and it's reliable. In winter, take a spare battery with you and get the extra battery compartment. If you are into macro photography get the 150mm macro lens, extension rings are hard to find.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    get the 150mm macro lens
    I only know a 110 mm Macro lens for the GS 1 did I miss something?

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin