Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,679   Posts: 1,482,186   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree, Rollicord is great.

Happy Holidays!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What is the lens of your Rolleicord , If it is triotar , it sees the lines like cut with a scissor , that excellent.
    Old cameras creates good habits as someone said , Rolleicord is the Leica of MF. You will never be able to get same quality from 67. I have an other Rollei , Rollei 35s and I saw flickr galleries and it is super with Ektachrome 100 vs. Zeiss is always more light gathering , more sunny lens and saturation and darker pictures tame the highlights and give extraordinary images. Some say Leica is digital amp but Zeiss is a tube amp. Its like swedish art glass , light is flowing in the picture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rolleicord V is equipped with a Zeiss Xenar which is a 4 element Tessar type of lens. It's really really sharp stopped down and also very nice for portraits at f/3.5. It's the one camera I'll take with me for the Xmas holidays.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mablo View Post
    Rolleicord V is equipped with a Zeiss Xenar which is a 4 element Tessar type of lens. It's really really sharp stopped down and also very nice for portraits at f/3.5. It's the one camera I'll take with me for the Xmas holidays.
    My Rolleicord V is the camera I would keep if I could only have one.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Rollei's are great cameras, both the flex and the cord,I have one of each, a rolleicord Va2 and a rolleiflex automat,truely great cameras,the Leica of MF, and if I had to chose 2 cameras to keep from my collection it would be the rolleis,Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My father used to use a Rolleicord and a Rolleiflex for weddings in the 1970s. As I stated earlier I have a Rolleicord V but there is also a Rolleiflex in my father's collection which I have inherited (although the collection is in display cabinets in my mother's house) so technically I have one of each too. The Rolleiflex shutter is a bit sticky at the slower settings so I need to have that looked at.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rolleicord V is equipped with a Zeiss Xenar [...]
    That would not be a lens made by Zeiss, but by Schneider.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I agree - they're great! I've had at least ten. These days, I am using a Rolleiflex, an old Sekonic and some Plus-X. Slowing down and "being there" is a good exercise for the eyes and the brain.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    That would not be a lens made by Zeiss, but by Schneider.
    Schneider-Kreutznach of course. My mistake, I'm sorry. Tessar is Zeiss and Xenar is Schneider-K's implementation of the same lens. Both are great lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Schneider-Kreutznach of course. [...]
    If i wanted to be completely anal about this, i could point out that it is "Kreuznach" (no "t"). But i don't, so i won't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin