Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,163   Online: 794

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rolleicord is great!

This is really not a question but a statement.

I recently acquired a Rolleicord V in excellent shape and I've been using it since. It is AMAZING how much this simple camera has improved my photography! It seems slowing WAY down has a lot to do with this improvement.

With this simple camera, I have to meter carefully with my Sekonics so exposure is much better. Using WLF requires me to pay attention to near edge of the frame - not just the center, watch carefully for the level-ness, and basically see the whole print in front of me before I carefully slide the shutter release.

I dunno.... newer isn't always better and I knew that - but doing this with 60+ year old camera is just amazing. Images are awfully sharp, too.

Anyway, I thought I'd share.

p.s. I wish I could get a WLF for my Mamiya 645Pro... I know Mamiya made'em. They are just impossible to find now.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The older cameras are great, just can't beat them!

Jeff

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I have a rolleicord IV..fantastic camera. Congrats & enjoy
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They have WLF for 645PRO on KEH, That is if you want to pay the ridiculous amount.
    Funny, I have a 645PRO and a Rolleiflex T, I also want a WLF for the 645 Pro, but then, I don't even have a metered prism.
    - Derek
    Looking for a parts prism for the Minolta XE / XE 7.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What's interesting to note isn't so much the camera itself but the effect it's had on your habits.

Good habits = good results.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    They have WLF for 645PRO on KEH, That is if you want to pay the ridiculous amount.
    Funny, I have a 645PRO and a Rolleiflex T, I also want a WLF for the 645 Pro, but then, I don't even have a metered prism.
    Where do you see that?? I just went and looked but all they have are the ones for older (all metal) version of M645.

By the way, if you want a metered prism, AE Prism N will work perfectly fine with a Pro. That's what I have with mine.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    While one certainly have the option of cropping to a vertical or horizontal rectangle, working with the square format can challenge and improve your seeing.

Glad you are enjoying your new tool!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    What's interesting to note isn't so much the camera itself but the effect it's had on your habits.

Good habits = good results.

It's definitely NOT the camera but Rolleicord is a great joy to use. I see myself actually thinking and rethinking before I release the shutter. It should be the same but I don't take this much care on any of other format. I *think* WLF has a lot to do with this change. It requires whole different attitude compared to regular prism type view finders.

Wait... it IS the camera.... I don't have a WLF on any other cameras...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    LOL...I always get a prism finder because I just find it easier but I see what you're saying.

Careful, you keep talking like that and you'll be getting a 4x5 or larger next. Same idea with slowing down and thinking more, yanno.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have my limits Colin...

I am; however, thinking about going to 6x7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin