Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,429   Online: 945

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Got a Yashica D TLR? So did Juan and Eva Peron!

The Washington Post this morning reports on a fellow who is selling off his collected memorabilia of Juan and Eva Peron, including his or her Yashica D. Check out this link and the photos of same:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122703820.html

Now when you feel the need to defend your choice in TLRs, you can always say Eva is on your side. She could have afforded a Rollie or Hasselblad, you know! (and yes, I do have a D myself...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Something fishy if it is Eva. She died early in the early 50's I recall from seeing the excellent musical, and I am pretty sure the D variant is quite a bit further along. Matt's Classic cameras lists it as coming out in 57. Juan lasted quite a bit longer.
    my real name, imagine that.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Something fishy if it is Eva. She died early in the early 50's I recall from seeing the excellent musical, and I am pretty sure the D variant is quite a bit further along. Matt's Classic cameras lists it as coming out in 57. Juan lasted quite a bit longer.
    She was around for quite some time after her death, Mike, but likely not in any condition to play with that Yashica.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin