Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,761   Online: 1185

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Never been in a jam with any of my Hasselblads.

Even when I was 100% film based and used them at fast paced events like a wedding, never had a problem.

However, I rarely change lenses as I have enough bodies to move from one to another, each with a different lens. It takes me less time to set one body down & pick up another rather than changing lenses. Maybe that's why I've never had an oops!

Smiles & Fun with Hasselblad cameras!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I jammed mine in the middle of a once in a life-time multi-day trip. I jammed it by firing the camera with the dark slide inserted. If I had a screw driver it would have been easy to fix, but I didn't so it wasn't. That sucked. I guess I'll to go back!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just so the prospective Hasselblad owner does not get wrongfooted by yet another potentially misleading report: it's impossible to jam a Hasselblad by firing it with the dark slide in. It will simply not fire, reminding you of the fact that you might have left the slide in.
    So if it jammed when you fired it with the slide in, trust me, it had a problem already.

There's a lesson though: before going on a once-in-a-lifetime trip, check your gear...

(Other lessons too: carry a screwdriver. If you don't, borrow one (no place in the world where you can't find screwdrivers nowadays), or improvise. For instance, a knife would have done.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Trust me I'm not a liar. MY hasselblad jammed because I had the dark slide in in the middle of a hike around huang shan. Furthermore, MY hasselblad seemed to have no other issues. It made very nice images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess I'm a Nervous Nellie, so I always travel with at least two tool kits.
    And a changing bag, and assorted rolls of tape, after thirty three years of photography,
    I had two rolls of Kodachrome detach from the cartridge this weekend. I guess that's
    another hazard of shooting 15 year old film ? But I just had to take the chance !

I removed the film from the camera, sealed the canister with black electrical tape,
    sealed the canisters in separate envelopes, with a note, and sent them to Kansas.

If I didn't miss two days of work because of ' The Blizzard ' I would have driven to
    Kansas to drop off the nine rolls of Kodachrome ...

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used Hasselblads on and off for 10 or so years total, several bodies/lenses, and a few hundred rolls of film. No jams so far.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    Trust me I'm not a liar.
    I do.
    But trust me too, i'm not a liar either: pushing the release button with the slide in will not, because can not, cause a jam.
    Something else must have been not right.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've pushed the release button untold times with the camera on a tripod and dark slide in, only issue is calling myself a dummy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I've pushed the release button untold times with the camera on a tripod and dark slide in, only issue is calling myself a dummy.
    Yup. That's why I change lenses with the darkslide in now.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It didn't always occur, and I had to press pretty hard on the shutter button to get it jam

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin