Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,904   Online: 1174

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    After using Hasselblad cameras for a few years, I've always left the dark slides out until needed. Cameras with backs with film in or not all have no dark slides installed. Correct me if my thinking is wrong, but leaving the dark slide in compresses the foam seal and when left in all the time eventually the seal stays compressed when the dark slide is removed and voila, light leaks. Even film backs w/o film not on camera have no dark slides. I haven't ever had to replace the seals on any of my film backs but maybe I'm due!

Just thought sharing my experiences might help.
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do that for my extra, extra backs. They tend to see action only on extended trips so I leave the slide out while they are stored. I've got to much Hassy stuff, but when you can get a good 12 back for $20 they are hard to pass up.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by picker77 View Post
    On second thought, after reading all this, maybe I'm trying to get above my raisin' here. Maybe I'll stick with my simple, dead reliable old RB67, which is admittedly a little larger and heavier--but temperamental and delicate it's not. Like a Smith & Wesson revolver, it works every time I pull the trigger.
    That's what we get with these silly 'let's bash what we can't afford' type of reports.
    Temperamental. Delicate. Really...

Any Hasselblad is at least as little temperamental or delicate. They work every time you pull the trigger.
    Why the *&#! did you think NASA took them to the moon...? Why do they enjoy the reputation they do enjoy, one that makes people spend ridiculous amounts of money on them? Over 60 years of being temperamental and delicate, and not working every time you push the release? Get real...

So can we please stop putting off people by spreading such inane nonsense?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wclark5179 View Post
    After using Hasselblad cameras for a few years, I've always left the dark slides out until needed. Cameras with backs with film in or not all have no dark slides installed. Correct me if my thinking is wrong, [...]
    You're absolutely correct.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everybody. Points are taken. Appreciate everybody who has contributed.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Closed at the request of the original poster.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin