Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,877   Online: 866

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad part came off

Keeping it simple the shutter curtain somehow got pressed in a little, actuated and the piece seen in the photo came out. Anyone know what it's for? Probably going to go ahead and send the camera in for repair.

And this is on a Hasselblad 201F.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are some foam pieces that act as a dampener for the mirror - and I think also the rear shutter. This could be that?! I know I had to replace some of this on my 500c/m once... didn't cost much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like the light seal from the lower rear of the camera interior.

The bit highlighted in red.
    (We're looking at an assembly consisting of the two side walls and rear of the camera.)

I would have it replaced, yes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the help.

At least it's only a light seal, that should be an easy fix. At first I was thinking the shutter might have been damaged. You think the camera is still useable in the mean time for some long exposures even with that seal missing?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, i think you could use it without this part.
    But it would be reasonable to assume that they did not put it in without a reason, so better to have it replaced sooner or later.
    And there's the question of what else might not be in its proper place. You know about this pad, because it came out. But...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to get the camera repaired before school starts up again. Just I have a few days of downtime so I was hoping to get some photos in.

And what I think happened is that the curtain, since it was slightly pushed in, managed to yank the seal out when actuated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes the adhesive just gives out. I had something similar happen once. Take a good look through the image path before you shoot again, as QG says something else may be out of place, better safe than pissed off.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bumping this thread up for an update. I'm actually thinking it's from the back. Seems the darkslide has managed to push out more of the seal, so my guess is the piece I pulled out of the camera got pushed into the curtain by the darkslide.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Could be.
    But i doubt that if so, it would have such nice, crisp, straight ends, at a 90 degree angle to the long side.
    The foam used as dark slide slot seal in the magazine has different ends, and is also backed by a shiny, metal looking foil.
    And when it comes out, it does so in crumbles.

So my guess is that it is not the foam from the magazine.

That is: the thing you have shown pictures of isn't.
    It's quite possible, of course, that the seal in the magazine is coming out in bits as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    hmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin