Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,330   Posts: 1,537,194   Online: 830

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SO I got the frameless one and plopped it in and missed focus completely on my first roll. Flipped it over and tried again and only missed on ONE shot. It rattles around in there without the metal frame ... but I need to use the split-focus screen with my 120mm portrait lens and prism. I have HELL getting good focus wide open using just the WLF. What to do!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A PME works better than a wlf for me. Each to their own.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    SO I got the frameless one and plopped it in and missed focus completely on my first roll. Flipped it over and tried again and only missed on ONE shot. It rattles around in there without the metal frame ... but I need to use the split-focus screen with my 120mm portrait lens and prism. I have HELL getting good focus wide open using just the WLF. What to do!!!
    Get one of the old style Hasselblad screens with split image rangefinder.
    They go for little money, and do work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Katie, as you have found the hard way, the glossy side must face up.

What to do!!!
    I can see, pun intended, three options:
    1. As Q.G. suggests, hunt down a relatively cheap split image Hasselblad screen.
    2. Get a split image Kiev with frame and see if it focuses properly for your needs.
    3. Put a split image Kiev screen into the Hasselblad frame (you could likely get a camera store technician to do this at little or no cost).

Good luck,
    Ted
    Last edited by Theo43; 01-09-2011 at 05:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Katie,

Just invest on either an old split from Hasselblad as Q.G suggested, or bite the bullet and get a Minolta made Acute with split, this eventually will save you alot of headhache.

Decide well!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    Katie,

Just invest on either an old split from Hasselblad as Q.G suggested, or bite the bullet and get a Minolta made Acute with split, this eventually will save you alot of headhache.

Decide well!
    I agree with both André and Q.G. on this one. If you look around you can find used Hasselblad screens of all types and flavors [with or without Acute Matte]. Bite to bullet, get something that works for you, and get back out there and shoot film!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the information and recommendations. It helped.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin