Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,360   Online: 938

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think this type automatically resets the counter. Others do when you close and lock the back. My Yashica TLR is like this, where it has the little, round switch between the advance knob and focus knob. I seem to think that you push the film advance button, then push the little switch upwards and it resets the camera to S, which stands for Start. It's something like that. If nobody chimes in, I'll check mine when I return home from work.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    The counter will automatically reset when the back is opened. Insert a fresh roll of film in the lower spool position, move the empty spool to the upper position. Insert the tab on the film backing into the slot in the upper spool and wind the film until the start arrows on the backing paper align with the start arrow on the camera then close the back. Wind the film until the number 1 shows in the window above the focus knob on the right side, it should stop on its own. After each shot, push the button and advance the film, it will automatically stop at the next frame. I dont know if that model automatically cocks the shutter or if you must manually cock the shutter on the side of the lens like the C and D models.
    Hmmm... That could be, but I'm sure he's had the back open at least once (one of the photos seems to show this) and it still shows 1 (of course, perhaps he didn't relock it?) If that is the case, then look at my vague instructions

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by maarten m View Post
    i think it resets when you insert a film.
    do you have pictures of the bottom?

the round indentation in the front: is there a screwthread visible there?
    it might be where the cablerelease is fitted.

maarten.
    Hi maarten,

Yes, there is an indentation: I will try it with the shutter release cable I have now.

I do not have a picture of the bottom - that is where you open the camera to insert the film.

Ralnphot: Shutter is cocked manually.

Mike: I will see f opening the back resets the shutter. I have a feeling that it does not. What "little switch" ? I will go and grab the camera now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Maarten: No, that was not fr a shutter release cable - at least not a standard one.

Mike: Opening the back does NOT reset the frame counter. In fact, even after firing the shutter and pressing the button and winding the knob - it did not move from "1".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromlech View Post
    Maarten: No, that was not fr a shutter release cable - at least not a standard one.

Mike: Opening the back does NOT reset the frame counter. In fact, even after firing the shutter and pressing the button and winding the knob - it did not move from "1".
    See toro_mike's post above.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    See toro_mike's post above.
    Got it back to S - but the switc moves down, not up on mine.

Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromlech View Post
    Got it back to S - but the switc moves down, not up on mine.

Thank you!
    No problem... Glad you figured it out
    My memory seems to be going every day!

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    No problem... Glad you figured it out
    My memory seems to be going every day!

Mike
    Hey, it got the job done! No worries, and thank you!

Any advice for shooting 6x6?
    and more importantly, how to clean the ground glass!

Shooter
    35mm
    The camera is a Yashicaflex-AII (the plain "A" had a red window). Film winding on these is as described by jp498 for the Yashica-C (and also Yashica-D and 635), EXCEPT that the first versions with film counter and auto-stop winding had a film counter reset button (later automatic) behind the focus knob (slide backward to reset). The aperture and shutter controls etc are similar to the Yashica-A. This site has lots of Yashica manuals http://www.butkus.org/chinon/index.html but unfortunately none exactly like yours. However, from the earliest to the latest, they are basically very similar with the main differences being shutters and lenses, crank wind or knob, Bay 1 filter mounts on premium models and plain on the first (up to 1954) and subsequent budget models and meters (first in 1954) or none. I have some historical stuff at http://www.tlr-cameras.com/Japanese/...x6_History.htm which hangs off the more well known Barry Toogood's www.tlr-cameras.com. The Yashicaflex stuff is a bit thin and hints at some issues with identifying some models but I am waiting on Barry to load an updated page which covers the Yashicaflexes in much more detail and accuracy. By the way, there are at least 9 Yashicaflex models.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Paul.

Richard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin