Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,652   Posts: 1,623,585   Online: 770

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Very odd Yashicaflex!

Hello everyone,

I just received my Yashicaflex TLR in the mail. This is an odd camera, amd I can't find a manual for it. Here's a description:

Yashimar 80mm lens, with a copal shutter @ f 3.5.

Cold shoe on left hand side

Film is loaded from the bottom by swinging a hinge to the side then popping open the bottom.

On the back, there is no frame count finder of any kind.

There are only knobs on the side, no cranks.

The name plate only says: "Yashicaflex".

Stamp date is Jan 26, 1957 - serial number is 90822.

What camera is this, and how will I know what frame I am on?

Richard

PS. Paid about $100 for this camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is there a red window through which the number on the paper backing can be read?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there no red window (possibly with a cover) on the back?

Does this link help?

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Yash...nd_Yashicaflex
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Red window. Manual winding, keep winding until the next film number is in the window, it won't stop anywhere, you have to stop at the right time.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's like my yashica-c, the frames are counted in a window above the focusing knob on the right. Film is advanced by pressing the button on the other big knob and rotating the knob to wind the film. Let go of the button as it starts to advance, and it locks back into place when it gets to the next frame. Yashica TLRs are nice cameras to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    Is there a red window through which the number on the paper backing can be read?
    No such window, at all. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    If it's like my yashica-c, the frames are counted in a window above the focusing knob on the right. Film is advanced by pressing the button on the other big knob and rotating the knob to wind the film. Let go of the button as it starts to advance, and it locks back into place when it gets to the next frame. Yashica TLRs are nice cameras to use.
    This has solved the problem for the window - Thank you! I was expecting a red window on the back. Now, the window reads 1... What is the best way to reset it? There is no film inside.

Also, does anyone have any idea what model Yashica this is?

Mattking: I was on that website earlier, and none of them matched the description of my camera. The closest was the Yashica A, but it seems to have features of the Yashica-C as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought the early ones had a red window. The C and D instead have a counter on the side but I didn't think they were that old.

Post some pics please...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    To be clear, 120 roll film has a paper backing which protects it from daylight. There's plenty of paper leader so it's nerve wracking the first time you load up, with arrows and dashes coming through while you crank the advance until the magic number 1 appears in the window. Flick the cover over if it has one until you advance to frame 2, and so on. When you've finished keep winding until all the film is on the take up spool and lick the gummed strip to seal, ensuring the paper backing and film is in a nice tight roll.

Roll film has numbers at different heights to register 6 x 9cm, 6 x 8, 6 x 7, 6 x 6, 6 x 4.5 (or should have!).

edit: looks like you solved things

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin