Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,783   Online: 853

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta Autocord Shutter Repair?

Is there a "how to" on this somewhere?
    Or, failing that, where's the best place in the USA to have one repaired?
    The one I have is stuck in the closed position. The winder won't move although if I press the little sliding button I can crank the winder backwards. Normally this cocks the shutter. It feels like it does cock the shutter and when the release is pushed there is a soft click but the shutter does not open and close.

Shooter
    Large Format
    A good option is Karl Bryan in Oregon. Email at karl-kathy@verizon.net. He specializes in Autocords. His work on mine was excellent, and included collimating the lens and repairing the broken focusing knob.

Keith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll second Karl Bryan- excellent! Have use him several times.

Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's an excellent chance that your problem is not a broken shutter. I had one Autocord that jammed this way, and it was part of the shutter cocking mechanism, a piece that encircles and rotates around the shutter barrel, that was gummed up and not returning after winding.

Talk to Karl Bryan. A quality cleaning will probably fix it, and he's the guy for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the advice folks! I'll contact Mr. Bryan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let us know how it goes.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd also like to recommend the services of Karl Bryan. I just got my Autocord back from him. He went above and beyond my expectations for the repair, and my camera is as good as new. He gave me very thorough information as to what was wrong and what he did to fix it. His turnaround time was fast and he charged a very reasonable price. This is the go to guy for Autocord work.

Cody

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got mine back from Karl, excellant work. His new email is karl.kathy@frontier.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    There's an excellent chance that your problem is not a broken shutter. I had one Autocord that jammed this way, and it was part of the shutter cocking mechanism, a piece that encircles and rotates around the shutter barrel, that was gummed up and not returning after winding.

Talk to Karl Bryan. A quality cleaning will probably fix it, and he's the guy for it.
    Mine had exactly the same problem. I was certain that the shutter was jammed. Fortunately we have experienced service guys where I live.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just acquired an autocord whose focus lever moves freely but whose lenses are stuck in place. I've taken off the hood and can see a greyish ring spinning as I adjust the focus.. but again the lenses stay fixed. Any ideas ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin