Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,031   Online: 742
      
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    166

    Kodak No. 2 autographic camera - using 120 film?

    Hi everyone,

    from what I can find, the "Kodak No. 2 folding autographic camera" takes "120 autographic film". I do not want the autographic film - can I just use modern day 120 inside?

    Thanks,
    Richard

  2. #2
    mhcfires's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    548
    Richard,

    Kodak stopped making Autographic film long ago. There was a little window which you lifted up and wrote on the film with a stylus. The stylus is usually missing from the camera. You certainly can use regular 120 film in your camera. You should get some interesting results.
    Michael Cienfuegos


    If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    166
    Thank you mhcfires. I will make the purchase then, and share the results.

    Richard

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromlech View Post
    Hi everyone,

    from what I can find, the "Kodak No. 2 folding autographic camera" takes "120 autographic film". I do not want the autographic film - can I just use modern day 120 inside?

    Thanks,
    Richard
    Wrong. #2 folding Kodaks shoot 3.5" x 3.5", not possible with 120 film. You may be thinking of the #2 Folding Pocket Brownie, which shoots 2 1/4" x 3 1/4".

    The #1 Folding Autographic Kodak shoots 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" on 120 film.

    Take a look at the Kodak catalogs posted on Mario Groleau's site http://mgroleau.com/catalogues_kodak/

  5. #5
    xya
    xya is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    192
    you are right, dan, it uses 130 film, which is bigger and no longer available. look at this:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaimemartorano/4488558596/

    but... if you did the puchase, there are conversions to 120 film. have a look at his then:

    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=95364

    please report back to this forum.

    kind regards

    reinhard

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by xya View Post
    you are right, dan, it uses 130 film, which is bigger and no longer available. look at this:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaimemartorano/4488558596/

    but... if you did the puchase, there are conversions to 120 film. have a look at his then:

    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=95364

    please report back to this forum.

    kind regards

    reinhard
    Hi Reinhard,

    I have yet to purchase it - but the age of the item itself is worth the purchase. I will see if I can convert it to take 120.

    Richard

  7. #7
    MainerAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    So. Maine, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromlech View Post
    Hi Reinhard,

    I have yet to purchase it - but the age of the item itself is worth the purchase. I will see if I can convert it to take 120.

    Richard
    The film required is specified on the autographic door on the back. If it's a No. 2 Folding Autographic Brownie it'll say to use No. A-120 film so you'll have no problem using modern 120. The No. 2-C was the model that used 130 film and the 2-A used 116. Have fun with it, mine works very well considering it's age, though I did have to put black tape over the autographic door to block the light leaks. I put it directly over the opening and closed to door over it so it wouldn't be too obvious. I just wish my 50+ year old eyes were good enough for the viewfinder .
    Al



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin