Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,477   Online: 990

Shooter
    Medium Format

Isolette II Apotar

Ive just stumbled upon an AGFA isolette II Apotar pronto in an antiques store for £5. after trawling and trawling the net looking for manuals i havent found one specifically for this camera. there are a few differences on it to the cameras i have found in the manuals so far. can anyone help with a manual or any tips on the depth of field ring and whether the scale on the focus ring is in m or ft? it says m on it but im not sure if thats for macro or not!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Some of these had feet, and some had meters. I have one of each. It shouldn't be hard to figure out which it is.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it says "m" on the focus scale, it certainly means metres. From what I can find, it looks like the ones in feet actually say "Feet" in that same spot.

Any manual for the Isolette II should work for you. "Apotar" is just the name of the lens (it's a triplet, I believe), and "Pronto" is the model of the shutter. The mechanisms to set the speed and cock the shutter will depend on the shutter model, but everything else should be the same for all versions of the camera. (And Pronto shutters are simple: you set the speeds by turning the ring with the speeds marked on it, and you cock the shutter by pulling the weird little lever on top towards the right. There's not much you could do wrong.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sent you an email with one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks guys. the only thing i havent found out is the meaning of the symbols on the film indicatoir (which is the disc opposite the film winding disc). mine has different symbols to those in the manual. any idea what they could mean? they are COL T, COL K, COL NT, COL NK, 17/10, 21/10, 23/10.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    thanks guys. the only thing i havent found out is the meaning of the symbols on the film indicatoir (which is the disc opposite the film winding disc). mine has different symbols to those in the manual. any idea what they could mean? they are COL T, COL K, COL NT, COL NK, 17/10, 21/10, 23/10.
    They are only there to remind you on what type of film you have in the camera. "COL" stands for colour, and the letters for different types of colour films. The numbers are film speeds in the german DIN scale.

DIN 17/10º = 40 ASA

DIN 21/10º = 100 ASA

DIN 23/10º = 160 ASA
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ah thanks very much. i just stumbled onto some info online and found that the numbers are DIN numbers. NK means negative artificial light, NT means egative daylight, K means slide artificial light and T means slide daylight.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin