Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,770   Online: 849

Shooter
    Large Format

Is $140 the fair pirce for my Mamiya Six IV?

Recently I got an offer for my Mamiya six IV, it is $140. My mamiya six IV is mint - condition, only problem is 1/2s, 1s shutter speed are lit bittle slow. It comes with a good condition case and lens hood and a yellow filter. I like to know if $140 is a fair price for people in US, Europe, Australian and Japan. here are some photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo5.jpg   photo17.jpg   photo4.jpg   photo1.jpg   photo3.jpg  

photo13.jpg   photo6.jpg   photo14.jpg   photo7.jpg   photo15.jpg  

photo16.jpg   photo11.jpg   photo9.jpg   photo12.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd check eBay and see what they've been going for. I know I'd pay that if I was in the market for one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My gut tells me that it is low, but I can't really find much to justify my belief. Camera$ on eBay has a Mamiya 6 for $763.98, but their prices are routinely so ridiculous that they mean almost nothing. Also, theirs looks to be the IVB, a newer variant, I am guessing, and I am not sure how that effects pricing on these. I would probably also jump all over the chance to get one in that kind of condition for that price.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I too would buy it instantly at this price. Heck, I'll offer you $150 for it right here and now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've paid $100AUD for a non-working one for parts, so I think your price is reasonable. Or I'm stupid. Either way, you're doing well.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Large Format

just asking for fair price

The story is that I read a post and one guy was looking for Mamiya six desperately for good one and wreck one. I have two of them, one is I posted and another has dead shutter and broke anti double exposure(screwd that is used to fix the part to camera body was broken, that should be much easily fixed by a repair man). The guy offered me 120-140 for mint- one and 70 for broke one. I told him that may far below market price and he told me the market price may be higher in China where I live. So I just want to know what is the fare price for oversea such as US and Europe or Australian. I also post broke one photo here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo1.jpg   photo4.jpg   photo2.jpg   photo5.jpg   photo3.jpg  

photo6.jpg   photo7.jpg   photo8.jpg   photo9.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format

more photo for broke one

here are more photo for broke one. you can make offer for those two camera. Or ask for more larger photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo11.jpg   photo10.jpg   photo12.jpg   photo13.jpg   photo14.jpg  

photo15.jpg   photo16.jpg   photo17.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    if your deal doesn't go through, can i buy 3 parts from you ?
    i have 1 complete one, one that is missing 3 parts,
    and a 3rd dead one missing ... the 3 parts ..

thanks !
    john

Shooter
    Large Format
    thanks John. I will prefer to sell the camera as whole piese instead of taking the parts from camera to sell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    zack or flutot might be able to bring your shutter back to life,
    if you don't sell and want to invest in it ...

good luck !
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin