Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,463   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bronica SQ-A finder going bad

The AE finder on my SQ-A has started to give inaccurate readings, leading to photos that are 1-2 stops underexposed. It was working fine as recently as this past summer. I have cleaned all the contact points on the finder and body and lenses, and confirmed that it does this with multiple lenses. Is there anything else I can do myself before giving up and shopping for a new finder or sending it in for repairs? What causes these meters to go bad?
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No clues on causation. I know competent repair options are scarce for Bronica but Koh's can usually fix sick SQ gear:

http://kohscamera.com/

Otherwise, you may be ahead shopping for a new AE finder. Sorry

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    have you checked if the problem is not actually with the back instead of the prism?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, I forgot to mention that. I have 3 backs and I get identical readings with all three...
    I've also checked the battery.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin