Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,733   Online: 1107

Shooter
    Medium Format

RZ67 180mm coating separation

Hi all. I know that this problem can be checked more closely by shooting a roll and examining the results, but with my schedule, I don't have the time at the moment. In the interim, I will ask here. I have a Mamiya 180mm f/4.5 for the RZ67, and it appears to have some coating separation on the bottom (if mounted to the camera) of the front element. At it's worst, it extends about 2 centimeters toward the center of the element. My estimation is that this may not be an issue, as the image circle of this lens is likely much larger than a 6x7 negative. It doesn't really matter much to me, but if I can sell it, I'd like to. I'm replacing it with a 150mm f/3.5. The 180mm is too long for my purposes. Thanks!

Brian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Seems to me like this is a common issue. I've seen 2 (and own 1) lenses with this problem. Never noticed anything on the negs. The only idea I had was to remove the elements and try to squirt a little microscope oil or something in there to optically 'rejoin' the separated elements. Couldn't ever get the lens apart though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin