Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,949   Online: 1123

Shooter
    Medium Format

Agfa Isolette II Shutter Cleaning

i got an isolette for £5 from a local antique store and have just developed the first roll i put through it. im pretty sur emy exposures were spot on but my negatives are really overdeveloped. i suspect the shutter of being slightly slow. does anyone know how i can remove the shutter so i can soak it in lighter fluid?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If possible, post some photos of the camera's lens/shutter assembly. The easiest method is to remove all of the lens elements and open and service the shutter from the front.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ill have to post photos later as im at work now. ill have a fiddle around and see what i can detatch

Shooter
    35mm

Try this:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill's second link is a good set of photos.

The first is a good reference in general.

I just tore an Ansco Speedex down a week or so ago. I have worked successfuly on similar shutters in the past

I did not do a full diassemble.

I took the focussing dial off while at infinity ( not all three screws all the way out ), marked the top of the front element to aid in re assembly, unscrewed it, and then there is a D shaped screw with a slot that must be turned to allow the flat part of the D to clear the speed setting plate ring retainer to be unscrewed. Make sure the shutter is not cocked, and set to B to make reassembly easier.

Once the front plate was off I took a toothpick dipped in naptha/white gas/lighter fliud, and touched it to the slow speed escapement gear train upper gear axles, to put a tiny bit of solvent in the area.

I then held the front speed setting plate in place, cocked the shutter, and fired it. My slow speeds were in track after a second iteration of the naphta dabbing.

Don't follow my lead and do the same thing to the self timer escapement. I now have a self timer with about 1/5 of a second delay.

Reassemble and check infinity focus while holding the shutter open on B with some drafting vellum and a cheap lupe taped to the film gate with the back open. I use distant street lights down my street at night as a stand in for infinity for the purpose of this test. I find it much easier to do this that try to set them up by day and still be able to see the image on my 'ground plastic'
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thats great cheers, ill give it a try sometime this week

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin