Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,988   Online: 825

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya Press and Universal cameras have the shutter and release coupled in the lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    mamiya 6 folders ( the I, II, III, and IV ) all have leaf shutters
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Each Hasselblad Series V lens [500, 501, 503 ...] C, CF, CFE, CFi lens has a built in shutter.
    Make that "each Hasselblad 500-series lens"
    F and FE series, i.e. 2000/200-series lenses are V System lenses as well, but don't have shutters.

What people do to ius ethe 500-series lenses on other cameras, is get an old Hasselblad non-automatic bellows unit, and use the front end of it as mount.
    It has a cable release socket to release the shutter, and a wheel to cock the shutter again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I have a 4x5 box camera that has a 90mm lens. I want to make a similar camera for medium format, so I was thinking that if I could find a lens that has an internal leaf shutter that can be tripped somehow, I could use it for my box camera and have focusing ability and a shutter built-in. What medium format lenses have leaf shutters, and are there any that can be easily triggerd externally? Also what formats do they cover?
    BS, given the prices of used MF camera and lenses to fit them, why go to all that trouble, except perhaps for the joy of making something? Why not just get a camera that will accept a lens of the focal length you want? Starting with a complete camera will also save you the trouble of engineering and making a camera back that will accept a roll holder.

Come to think of it, what focal length do you want? And what format do you want? 645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9?

Shooter
    35mm
    BS, given the prices of used MF camera and lenses to fit them, why go to all that trouble, except perhaps for the joy of making something?
    My 4x5 box camera is lighter and more compact than any other LF camera I've ever seen. I think that I can make a medium format camera that is similarly improved over something like a pentax 67. Folding MF cameras are close to what I'm looking at, but they generally have normal or long lenses that are difficult to focus and often, not that great of quality. I'm looking at a wide-angle.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting that y'r 4x5 box is so small and light. How does it compare to the Piccolino? Read about the Piccolino here: http://www.obscura-camera.com/spip/spip.php?rubrique3

Mamiya Press with 50 or 65. Graflex XL with 35/4.5 Apo Grandagon or 47/8 Super Angulon. Fuji G690. Any of the wide angle Fuji folders. Koni-Omega/Rapid-Omega with 58 or 60. Mamiya TLR with 65. All of these are easy to focus.

Or do what I do. Century Graphic with 35 Apo Grandy, 47/5.6 SA, 60 Hexanon (ex-K-O), 80/6.3 WF Ektar. All cover 2x3.

I hate the phrase, but this time it is appropriate. Think outside the box.

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting that y'r 4x5 box is so small and light. How does it compare to the Piccolino?
    That piccolini looks pretty cool. My 4x5 box camera is made out of a cigar box, with a Graflok back and Angulon 90. I think it weighs about the same amount as a Grafmatic. An advantage of my box camera over the Piccollini is that mine cost me about $12.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I second the Mamiya 645 LS lenses suggestion. The main problem with medium format leaf shutters is that they are not designed to be cocked manualy (Bronicas, Hasselblads, RB/RZ). Only the Mamiya 645 LS lenses have on-lens cocking rings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a 58mm f5.6 I'm trying to unload, uh, sell It's in a Graflex XL helical. 00 shutter, likely compur. All speeds sound good(calibrated ear).
    The Helical measures just ove 3" diameter and is 1 3/8" deep. Has a Gen-U-wine Graflex hood. SS/fstop/ cocking lever are all on the front of the helical.
    Glass on both ends is sparkly clean, no scratches or fungus.
    Pretty common to Rodent-stocks of this era it's got separation in the rear group. I think the back I had for the camera was a 6X9.
    I'd like to get $125. for it.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin