Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,993   Online: 817

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    JDP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,
    This may be a film loading issue. Is it your first hasselblad? If I recall correctly, when loading film into the A12, there is a tab on one side in front of the pressure plate that you must pass the film leader underneath (against the plate), otherwise when you fit the back the film will not be guaranteed flat against the pressure plate. Could this be it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm leaning towards the back too but can't see anything overtly wrong. Got to thinking too that my D-76 might have gone over but I just mixed this batch about 18 days ago. But it was 75 degrees before I cut it . Maybe too close to the heating vent? I checked the camera again thoroughly under a magnifier lamp and the lens is clear and bright and everything "looks" fine with the body. Kind of a mystery at this point. But I am thinking I will get the camera serviced anyway , as suggested above.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes it is my first one to own, but not to use. I thought of the loading too but I made very sure it was loaded under the tab.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Check whether the foam under the mirror has deteriorated. The foam keeps the mirror in the proper plane. Shake the body, and if the mirror rattles, the foam is gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Focus to infinity through the finder. When you have that set, put a piece of ground glass at the film plane. They should agree.
    If your 500c is the older one you can adjust the focusing screen with the four screws holding it in place. GG 1st, FS 2nd.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think I found the problem. I shot 3 rolls all different film and speeds. The first two were outside and all shots are soft except one. The second roll was shot indoors and every shot is sharp. The only difference in setup was ambient temperature. The shots outside were made in cold (26 degrees F) . Shots inside were 71 degrees. I think my shutter is dragging when the camera is cold. The one shot outside that was in focus was the first shot I made after leaving the house (camera still warm) and I used Sunny 16. The other shots were metered at between 125th and 60th. But if the shutter was dragging in combination with hand-held? It has to be related to cold temps because the indoor shots are fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    CLA the lens see if that fixes it or try/borrow another lens

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If its a sticking shutter then you're looking at camera shake rather than OOF. Its usually pretty easy to tell the difference: shake will give multiple images or 'trails' in one or more directions whereas OOF details will simply look evenly soft.
    A sticking shutter will also mean your negs are overexposed - are they?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Overexposed? yes in almost every case the density sucks. I just dry fired the camera 10 ten times at each shutter and just finished a test roll both indoors and out (not so cold today. temp is 52). Am getting ready to tank the roll and see what I got.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes agree on the CLA. I am going to the gent's home tomorrow(previous owner) and we are going to try a couple of his lenses but I feel now it is my lens lube has hardened up. I agree on camera shake but it isn't so bad that I have trails. Just enough to be soft. Will tank this roll I just shot now and check density and focus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin