Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,286   Online: 915

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh and on the roll I shot last night indoors - The density is good and sharp image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Hasselblad trained, certified ... repairman that I use in Los Angeles has jigs and equipment to check and verify the alignment of Hasselblad bodies. Sometimes the bodies get out of alignment or out of shape and the equipment is used to get the body back into the factory specifications. Once the body is assured to be in alignment, then things like the proper location of the ground glass is checked and adjusted. Once this is all done, which can take only a few minutes for the checking and verification, he has standard backs and lenses to check the body for focus.

If the body checks out, the lens can be check with one of his standard bodies and then back to the customer's camera body ...

If you send your equipment to Hasselblad in New Jersey, with shipping, estimates, ..., a lot of time is taken. Therefore if you can find a local Hasselblad repairman who will take a few minutes to look at your camera, you could be on your way out the door in short order. Of course it a lot of work has to be done, you will have to leave your camera.

When I bought my Hasselblads [503 CX and 903], the store sent me upstairs to him to check out the cameras, lenses and backs. The store did not think that sale was complete until their Hasselblad repairman had checked out the equipment.

So for a little time and some money, you could be over your problems and enjoying the camera.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Steve:

Send me a PM with your guy's contact info.

Or post it if no problem.

Thanks

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent with this information:

Ask for Mike in Repairs on the third floor.

Samy's Camera
    431 S. Fairfax Ave.
    Los Angeles, CA 90036
    Tel: 323-938-2420
    Fax: 323-937-2919
    E-Mail: lacamera@samys.com
    Hours: Mon-Fri: 9:30a-6:30p; Sat: 10:00a-6:00p; Sun:11:00a-5:00p

http://www.samys.com

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well folks. I just finished running some prints and the camera is solid. Every shot I took today in and out are all good and crisp and clean. I can find no other explanation than the lens itself.

Thank you you ALL for the comments. I really appreciate yall helping me through this. All the comments were valuable.

Thanks again,

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Fournier View Post
    Well folks. I just finished running some prints and the camera is solid. Every shot I took today in and out are all good and crisp and clean. I can find no other explanation than the lens itself.

Thank you you ALL for the comments. I really appreciate yall helping me through this. All the comments were valuable.

Thanks again,

Steve
    You are welcome. That is why we get paid all those big bucks here! ROTFLMAO!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just jumping in with a quick, similar question. I'm really new to using a Hasselblad -- I've got one on loan, a 501CM with an A12 back. Unfortunately, I don't have the user manual and I'm having difficulty focusing the lens, especially when outdoors in changing light, as the split sphere hemispheres alternately seem to shade out whilst I'm trying to focus. I know my eyesight isn't that bad but I'm really struggling to see what's going on. I feel like there must be something I don't know? Any tips?
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your eye needs to be on the same axis with the split prism, if that helps.
    If you're using an 80, are you sure the aperture is open all the way? The blanking out shouldn't be much problem on a 2.8, its very apparent on an f/4 lens though.
    You can download a manual from the Hasselblad Historical site; http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, bdial. Just looking at the manual. Maybe it will get easier with practice. Yes, aperture is open all the way, 2.8. And I've made sure I haven't got the DOF Preview on. The only way I can seem to do it with confidence is if I can find a vertical line to focus on, which splits very obviously across the prism, and then line it up. But this isn't always possible with faces.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah it's all about head placement relative to the ground glass focal plane.... It's difficult on mine but not impossible

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin