Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,691   Online: 1014

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Yashica Mat 124G - lens cap?

A lens cap for this TLR is not easy to find... not at all.

Which generic caps might fit these bayonet filter front and, more important , what will fit on both lenses? I know the problem from Mamiya TLRs, the lenses are so close to each other that a sepcial cap is required.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

If I remember correctly, I needed to put a notch in the sides at the center to provide clearance for the shutter and aperture dials. Simple 'carving' with an x-acto knife. If you aren't in the US, I imagine shipping would be a killer, but this design and basic style shouldn't be hard to find in Europe?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The early model Yashica TLR's used a metal cap thet bayonet mounted on the upper lens, was hinged in the middle and fit over the lower lens as well. The newer models utilized a one piece plastic cap that fit over both lenses simultaniously. A bayonet 1 or bayonet 30 cap will work on either lens. I normally have a square lens hood on my D (lower only) and dont worry about the viewing lens, althugh I have the original metal cap for it. the plastic cap may be easier to find, but most are long gone(lost).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know for a fact there is one somewhere at Road America in Wisconsin...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin