Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,436   Online: 1061

Shooter
    35mm RF

Pentax 67 user on Holiday NYC?

This guy found a roll of 35mm in Prospect Park and is trying to find the owner, in one of the shots theres a guy with what I think is a 67, does anyone recognise him?

Video of story:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmop7EAY1Zg

Pic in question:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like it could be the spanking new Pentax digital 645. Somebody's got some $$$! Perhaps they are private art university students. I'd make some calls to some schools if I had found it, starting with the aforementioned private art institutions.

P.S. Duh! Of course it is a Pentax. I just saw the strap!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Not a Pentax 67 model.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    It looks like it could be the spanking new Pentax digital 645. Somebody's got some $$$! Perhaps they are private art university students. I'd make some calls to some schools if I had found it, starting with the aforementioned private art institutions.

P.S. Duh! Of course it is a Pentax. I just saw the strap!
    May be a Pentax, but it's not a 67 or 6X7, and doesn't resemble my 645. My guess is it's one of the newer digital Pentaxes but not a 645D.

Of course, this doesn't tell us who shot the film; he/she may not have anything to do with the guys in the photo. (I haven't watched the video yet.)

Edit: Now I've watched the video; nice photos but the whole thing reminds me of an extended iPhone ad.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, on second look, it is something like a K20D. What initially caught my eye was what looked like heavy scalloping on either side of the prism, which is only on the 645 digital. But it was hard to tell from a photo that small. The lettering on the left and the black "box" on the right hand grip look like those on the K20D, not the new digital 645. In that case, they aren't necessarily rich art school kids.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin