Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,723   Posts: 1,514,997   Online: 1217

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rolleicord 5b

Shooter
    35mm
    blimey I didnt have a clue, I though it was the rolleiflex that where worth the money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just had a quick look at a few completed listings on ebay: £244, £230, £365. So yes, you found a bargain, and it is well worth paying the cost of a service.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    I've just had a quick look at a few completed listings on ebay: £244, £230, £365. So yes, you found a bargain, and it is well worth paying the cost of a service.
    So my Rolleicord V at £34 was a real bargain!

It's definitely worth getting it looked at but before you do that, take the back off and waste a roll of film by winding it through*. At the top there is a wheel which makes contact with the wind on spool and this should turn as you wind on to tell it how much film has been wound on.

If this is sticking, it will wind on forever. However, if you have some parts for the 35mm mechanism still fitted you could just have the wrong parts installed.

* You can't run a film through backwards as the film is only taped to the backing paper at one end.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    oh my goodness I didnt realise for a second, probally due to be searching 5b.. I just searched vb and found some for 460, never realised atall, I got both the rolleikin & camera for 50, Im gonna contact the chap about getting it fixed, thanks for the help

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, you can load film backwards (wrong spool at wrong end). If you do that, as you wind, it winds the leader back onto the spool. As a result, you won't get any photos taken but the knob will turn forever. I have done it!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    ive checked if the top spool is spinning the part driven behind it via the teeth & its moving fine, on this side, is there meant to be a 12 Counter?! because this one reads 36, but on the other side I have a 12 count.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo on 2011-01-22 at 15.23.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 36 counter is for Rolleikin. The 12 counter is for roll film. Does the 12 counter change frame count as you wind? I think the stop mechanism is in the counter. You can remove the counter and see if something looks bent or broken. The silver knob in center of counter is a screw.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    P.4. This seems to be a fairly common problem that professsional servicing probably will fix.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That picture looks odd as it doesn't have the window for the frame counter which should be above the focus knob like this: http://vieilalbum.com/images/RolleicordV.jpg

EDIT: Ignore me. That's a V, not a Vb.

I think the fact that you have a 36 counter means that you still have some of the Rolleikin parts fitted.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was just about to point that out to you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin