Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,481   Online: 856

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rolleicord 5b

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    I have a Rolleicord va2, and the winding nob is on the right hand side together with the frame counter, focus on the left, I had problems with the film wind, in my case it did'nt wind on far enough and overlapping frames, but a service by Newton and Ellis sorted the problem out, but it is just possible that part of the Rolleikin adaptor is still in place, but I would get it serviced at www.newtonellis.co.uk They do great work, and you have one of the best cameras around for 120, second only to a rolleiflex, worth getting done,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by R gould View Post
    ... worth getting done
    I second the motion! The best experience I've had in MF photography has been with a Vb, but only after sending out to be overhauled and put back into "as new" condition. I think I paid about 150USD in 1990 for that service and it lasted more than a decade before the camera started acting like it might want to visit the shop again. Mine had this same problem (as well as slow shutter speeds that were slower than they should be) and it was cleared up with a simple cleaning and lubrication; no parts or extraordinary repairs were needed.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks to everyone for your help, I do really appreciate it, gonna get it sent off in the week if I can, one last thing, on the other side from my latest photograph is the 12 count, but should the counter I photographed be a 12 count two? Unfortunetly I dont have this, will have to keep an eye out on ebay or the sale section, see what pops up.

heres the other side, then ill leave it at that, thanks all for your help,

Much appreciated,

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo on 2011-01-22 at 17.39 #2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are using roll film, don't use the Rolleikin counter (the one that goes to 36), only use the 12 counter -- the one shown in your most recently posted photo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One other thing to check before you send the camera for repiar, is the silver "tab/button" that can be seen on one side of the open back. That engages/disengages the 12 counter. Make sure it is being depressed by the back when closed and locked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gingerjoe, I'm finding your attachments confusing because they are all mirrored.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps it's a dV?

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nah, it's just the counter mechanism that needs a CLA. There's no button to be pressed before advancing the film (that was on the Rolleicord II and III), and the double exposure prevention lever in off position only makes it possible to cock and fire the shutter again for double exposures.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    35mm
    ahh im sorry, is on my imac webcam thing, usally it flips it automatically. seems ive tryed everything, so I guess im gonna send it off. got a nice little rollei 35se with a film advance leaver problem, might send that too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You won't regret that decision!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin