Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,138   Posts: 1,613,776   Online: 1071

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rolleicord 5b

Shooter
    35mm

rolleicord 5b

I purchased what I think is the rolleicord 5b from a chap in canterbury, with a 35mm rolleikin back included, both for 50 pounds, Ive been meaning to post up for a while, I did put a film into it a little while back, but Unfortunently as I wind, it doesnt stop... Ive checked the teeth, there doesnt seem to be any where, I did get some previous help about a button you press each time? but nothing happened, any tips on how it works. thnks in advance

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo on 2011-01-21 at 21.03 #2.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dont know if it will help, but you can get a free pdf instruction manual here: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rolleiflex.htm

I note that you appear to have the double exposure prevention lock off (red dot in photo). This may (or may not) be contributing to your winding problems.

Cheers

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Also, that's a Rolleicord Vb -- Rollei used Roman numerals and lowercase letters for the Rolleicord and Arabic numbers and uppercase letters for the Rolleiflex.

I don't know if the later Rolleicord models had the Automat's film-loading system in which you passed the film between two rollers. I guess you'll have to check out the manual.

Good luck. That's a very nice-looking camera that you have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doesn't stop with which film - 120 or 35mm? If 120 is the "12" counter installed or the Rolleikin counter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Rolleicord V. Just so you know, you have to wind quite a bit before it actually stops. Are you sure the film leader didn't come off of the take up spool? You are certain you have the roll loaded to the spindle closest to the taking lens and empty reel is near the top, right? After you made the initial "roll up" of the leader into the take up spool, did you advance it until the arrow lined up with the red dot?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joe,
    That looks like my Vb in that it has the removable viewing hood. For 120, cover the red dot (double exposure control) on the front panel and load film. No double rollers as in the "Flexes. Just take a couple of turns around the take up spool and close the back. Then wind on, and yes it takes some cranks to get to #1. Then cock the shutter and fire. Crank to #2. It has the auto stop feature when winding on. I'm not familiar with the Rolleikin. I had one for my 2.8e and never used it. Butkus manuals online is good advice. Good luck!

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks for the replys, Ive looked through the pdf manual, I never new about the double exposure lock, I did what it said, but unfortunetly im still having the same problem, Just rinsed a whole film, I did shoot loads of photos of my room all over the place, so should be funny, ( can I actually go over an exposed 120 film the other way? ) so then I can keep testing it, thanks for the info on the name too, I never new it was a v5, my google search's have gone up. I am using 120 film, when im winding, the film counter is just staying at 0, no movment atall, I would love to get it going, as its a lovely camera, & im sure it would like to see the light of day again, thanks for your help

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Considering it was so cheap it would be well worth sending it off for a service. Newton Ellis in Liverpool do a great job.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    yea I think I will look into it, I dont really want to start playing around with it myself, Ive learn from that. you recon 50 pounds for the camera & rolleikin was cheap? I wasnt sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerjoe View Post
    yea I think I will look into it, I dont really want to start playing around with it myself, Ive learn from that. you recon 50 pounds for the camera & rolleikin was cheap? I wasnt sure.

It was cheap yes. I've seen Rolleicords go for anything up to as much as eight times that amount.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin