Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,777   Online: 1053

Shooter
    Multi Format

yashicamat TLR light leaks?

Hey Apug,

I have a Yashica-Mat LM Twin Lenses Reflex. I have had light leaks on the several of the rolls of 120 that I have run through the camera. Does anyone have any experience in how to fix light leaks in a tlr? I was planning to try to use black electric tape to seal the leaks but I don't know enough about TLRs to Know where I should start looking to tape to seal up the leaks.

Thanks,
    Scott Hunnicutt

Shooter
    35mm
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Yashica-124G-Yas...aec0f&x=50&y=6

OR possibly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pre-Cut-Light-Se...57f2b&x=28&y=4

Interslice has a great reputation. I would contact them to make sure these kits will work with your camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The most common light leaks are at the door. Either the seals a shot, they are generally felt and hardly ever wear out OR the door is bent out of shape.

First find the leaks.

Put a bright flash light at the taking lens with it wide open n shutter opened.

Shut the light in the room, look for your leaks at all the seams and the extend the focus all the way out n look behind the lenses as well.

What did you find?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that I didn't have the door shut all the way. I just noticed there is a latch on the front of the camera that the door is supposed to latch on in order to keep it closed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Schunn99 View Post
    I think that I didn't have the door shut all the way. I just noticed there is a latch on the front of the camera that the door is supposed to latch on in order to keep it closed.

That'd do it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin