Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,906   Posts: 1,521,423   Online: 1066

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica SQ-A to Nikon SB-800 speedlight?

I am wanting to use my sb-800 with my bronica sq-a by connecting the two with a pc cord. I've tried to find a pc sync cord that will work, and it appears that the one that will work is a pc male to pc male (the plug on the camera is same as the one on the speedlight).

Can anyone confirm that my thinking here is correct, and also, that I won't damage the camera using this flash and setup?

Thanks for any info on this!

(I do have the speed grip with hot shoe, but would like to get the flash off camera)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This probably doesn’t answer your question fully, but I have recently started using one of these adaptors;
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

With these transmitters; http://www.amazon.co.uk/RF-602-Wirel...5946531&sr=1-1
    on both my bronica and my mamiya c330f with no issues as of yet.

That is with canon ex, ez and metz flashes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should work just fine and no damage worries at all. All a PC sync does is close a circuit that the flash itself provides and they are generally made to handle high voltages from big studio lights. I've recently used a PC to hotshoe adapter to get my 430EXII to fire from my Hasselblad. Works fine.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I think I'll try the pc to hot shoe cord.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin