Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,613   Online: 1104

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another thought - the C lenses have an older shutter for which the supply of parts is now dwindling, and it is possible that it may need a repair which either cannot be done or cannot be done cost effectively. Especially if this is a lens you will not use frequently, this is more of an issue because as with all things Hasselblad, they tend to fail more often if they are not used regularly than they do if they are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I ended up buying the CT*. £200 for that, apparently in excellent condition, works fully and is boxed. Well...apart from "3 tiny light marks on the front element that can only be seen if you tilt it into the light hard and which will not affect image quality". Hmmm...we'll see, if it is no good I can always return it for a refund.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations!
    And have fun with the lens. It's a good one, so that will not be hard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have CT and though it tolerates specular hightligths it needs a bellow-shade when there is a diffuse bright sky in the picture. As it has only 6 air-glass surfaces I suspect this to be more a problem of the internal baffling - or lack thereoff - as there simply isn't room inside its shallow tube. I can't compare to a CF but expect it to be better in this regard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought the hood for it. Well, I bought the normal hood, which is tiny but I guess it is better than nothing. I see it more as front-element protection. Quite annoying that with these old style lenses you cannot have both the hood and cap on.

Anyway, I don't generally mind a bit flare, adds a bit of flair to the photo and I can work around it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by film_man View Post
    I bought the hood for it. Well, I bought the normal hood, which is tiny but I guess it is better than nothing. I see it more as front-element protection. Quite annoying that with these old style lenses you cannot have both the hood and cap on.
    You can, using the later style bayonet 50 lens cap, which fits in the hood, and mounts on the inner bayonet.
    Still, a pain to put on and take off with the shade on the lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have only gotten CF lenses and therefore all the shutters are the new design and still easy to get service and parts. The lenses that I have, yes there are some CF lenses that use other size filters, all take the B60 filters. This keeps life simple. Others like the look of the C lenses.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And your point is, Steve...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    And your point is, Steve...?
    It is a good idea to choose and then stick to buying either C lenses or CF lenses rather than have a collection of both B50 and B60 filters and lens hoods.

I thought that you would be able to figure that out. Would you like me to draw a picture for you the next time I post?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin