Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,179   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Welcome!

And to give you a taste of how good APUG can be:

http://www.makinghappy.com/archive/000179.php

(616 and 116 are the same size - the spools just differ slightly)
    Whoo hooo! Ha ha! Thank you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Susan, it's nice to know there are other addicts out there. First it's the 6x4.5 neg; then the 6x6; pretty soon you find even 6x9 is not enough and you start looking at the 4x5's -- sounds like you're on the edge......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fdfjc View Post
    Welcome Susan, it's nice to know there are other addicts out there. First it's the 6x4.5 neg; then the 6x6; pretty soon you find even 6x9 is not enough and you start looking at the 4x5's -- sounds like you're on the edge......
    I'll head back out to my favorite antique shop/junk shop and see what they have in the way of large format cameras. I just have no light box or enlarger at the moment...and the enlarger will be a long time coming since I just got a scanner (35mm only and 11 x 14 prints). I'm surfing the net right now to figure out how to make a light box so I can at the very least get contact prints.

To be honest, I'd LOVE to have a camera that accepts 11x14. (My husband really thinks I'm insane. )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is sure a neat camera none the less!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Jeff! Thanks! I LOVE that old Brownie! Thanks to Matt up there in the comments, he tossed me a great link so that I can mod her to take film more easily. *does happy dance*

Today, I took out my mom's little Brownie Holiday that she let me borrow. Now I just have to order a larger canister to develop the film and I *think* I've figured out a way to scan the negatives since my scanner doesn't accept anything other than 35mm. (I'm thinking light box and then using my digital to take a photo of the negative.)

I think for the larger format stuff will just be a box...a big box.

Oh, I also have a serious addiction to buying old cameras just to see if they work. Right now, I'm trying to find someone willing to fix my 35mm Kowa because it has some totally hot 'n sexy glass on it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Congratulations on catching the camera bug. But be careful.

What happened was I bought this , which led to this , which led me to buy this and then this and eventually grew to this:

... and more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm drooling Mike. I was checking out some medium format cameras and decided that no matter HOW much I save, it ain't just happening right now. lol! But I have a growing collection. I have my favorites, though. My Pentax, my Helioflex (which I need to fix - AGAIN - stupid panoramic switch came loose!), a Kowa that is in need of repair, and the two Brownies in my possession (old Mode 2a and my mom's Holiday).

I'll figure out a way to rig some film into the Brownie, though. And yeah, that's what I'll end up with myself - if I'm lucky enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Congratulations on catching the camera bug. But be careful.

What happened was I bought this /~/ ... and more.
    And then you start getting carried away

You are in the right place!
    Here is a few more directions your hobby (obsession for some of us) can lead
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails graflex large&small.jpg   graflex x 3.jpg   moms camera 060.JPG   moms camera 121.JPG  
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhole_dreamer View Post
    I cut down an 8x10 sheet of Ilford multigrade rc paper and used a bit of tape to hold it in the camera (until I can figure out something for a film holder - or figure out how to get 120 film in there as 127 is too small - as I have a couple of rolls of THAT for yet ANOTHER Brownie ).

Thanks,

Susan!
    hi susan

i have a brownie that take 116 film as well.
    you can easily tape some paper in the camera instead of film
    or if you can find a 2nd spool, you can roll paper onto the spools instead.
    i am currently doing that with a 3a, and it is easy .. just use masking tape

rate your paper at around 6 or 12 ..
    my brownie has 3 "fstops" .. i haven't figured out what they are ( maybe 8. 11, 16? ) but expose your paper at around 1 second wide open for starters to get an idea

have fun!
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhole_dreamer View Post
    I found her (yes, my Brownie is a she)
    All cameras are female!

I have one of those Brownie cameras for 116 film too.

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    my brownie has 3 "fstops" .. i haven't figured out what they are ( maybe 8. 11, 16? )
    Is that the one with the three holes in a metal strip which you pull out from the top? My rough calculations would suggest that they are probably around f11, f16 and f22.

There is a manual here: http://www.brownie-camera.com/manual...no2ab/06.shtml

It tells us which stop to use in varying lighting conditions but doesn't say what the actual numbers are!

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 02-03-2011 at 02:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin