Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,923   Posts: 1,584,988   Online: 1107

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Sorry to hi jack your thread, but i have drawings/plans of a tiltable panoramic camera that was never commercially produced, also have negs and print that it produced. Do you think any one would be interested in them, it has been suggested i put them up for auction what do you think? circa 1969

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi philip

why don't you put it up for sale on e-BOINK or get a subscription here
    and put it / them in the classifieds ?

- john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even if you don't sell them, could you post some pictures and information here? A lot of us are interested in that sort of thing.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Even if you don't sell them, could you post some pictures and information here? A lot of us are interested in that sort of thing.

Steve.
    Ditto that, it sounds very interesting
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    MMmmmm, Got to see the man from B.......s auctions first! WSP!
    Last edited by phillip; 02-06-2011 at 12:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

a pic

panoramic camera.pdf

Hope attachment method worked!

The pic it took is somewhat longer than my scanner can accomodate.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dreamer, with many 120 film box and basic folding cameras available for the patient buyer, trying to make do with any other size seems wasteful. The larger bellows cameras came in quite a variety of film sizes, which can really be a hassle. A bargain large camera may be quite expensive by the time one is able to use it. Do lots of homework before investing in one. Junk and especially antique stores often place an inflated value on cameras that may be 100 years old.

Box cameras with three apertures are usually about f/16, f/22 and f/32, although this varies from camera to camera. The shutter speed of the one I just examined is about 1/40 or 1/50 second. This also varies from camera to camera. A few have cemented doublets instead of a simple meniscus lens for slightly improved performance. Box cameras with the lens in front of the shutter sacrifice performance for compactness. At the smallest apertures box cameras are decent performers, but rarely as good as the original owners boasted.

Shooter
    35mm
    cool!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron9316 View Post
    cool!
    "cool!,russian lens!"
    "cool!"
    "hmm,depends"
    "hmm,fm2 is usually strong"
    "Fed 4 last year ~ "
    "Cool ~"
    "nikonfm2"
    "hmm"
    "cool!"
    "Tri-X 400 "

10 posts, an average of 2 words per post.

Welcome to APUG, Aaron.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    Dreamer, with many 120 film box and basic folding cameras available for the patient buyer, trying to make do with any other size seems wasteful. The larger bellows cameras came in quite a variety of film sizes, which can really be a hassle. A bargain large camera may be quite expensive by the time one is able to use it. Do lots of homework before investing in one. Junk and especially antique stores often place an inflated value on cameras that may be 100 years old.

Box cameras with three apertures are usually about f/16, f/22 and f/32, although this varies from camera to camera. The shutter speed of the one I just examined is about 1/40 or 1/50 second. This also varies from camera to camera. A few have cemented doublets instead of a simple meniscus lens for slightly improved performance. Box cameras with the lens in front of the shutter sacrifice performance for compactness. At the smallest apertures box cameras are decent performers, but rarely as good as the original owners boasted.
    My junk store camera - that old Brownie box 2A - was only $12. Money well spent in my mind as I'm having a lot of fun with it - and not having to really GO anywhere to do it.

I just have this 'thing' for old cameras...even if they don't take the most excellent photographs.

I'm still looking for an older Pentax medium format camera...and in the midst of making a larger pinhole camera. I'll wait until I find something I really like for the medium format...unless I find another $12 buy at a junk shop and then I'll still get the older Pentax anyway.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin