Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,275   Online: 939

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    35mm
    Do you know where to get film in bulk?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where are you located? Bahamas, like it says in your link?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think Kodak Portra NC 160 handles skin tones better than any film that I've used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been REALLY pleased w/ Kodak Portra 400 for color. Good saturations but still yields very natural skin tones. It works in several different lighting situations and can be underexposed 2 stops easily. I've shot some indoor stuff under fluorescent lighting and the result was very pleasing.

Kodak is releasing the new Portra 160 soon which is sure to be a FAVORITE for everyone. If it's anything like the 400, every film wedding photographer will be shooting it.

For b/w, I've really liked HP5. The choices are seriously limitless. Experiment and find the look you love.
    Fuji GS645s • Yashica Mat 124G • Holga Cameras •

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any film made except for the slow ones would work quite well. And even they would be fine for certain wedding pix (on tripod, in good light, people holding still, etc.). The only film I might avoid for your run-of-the-mill wedding pix would be Delta 3200. It can be quite useful, but it can also be quite grainy, even if you are shooting medium format.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Where are you located? Bahamas, like it says in your link?
    I am in Miami. 25 minutes from the Bahamas. I shoot a lot in the Bahamas.
    I buy film from ebay on and off....Any reliable source that you know?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ekean View Post
    I've been REALLY pleased w/ Kodak Portra 400 for color. Good saturations but still yields very natural skin tones. It works in several different lighting situations and can be underexposed 2 stops easily. I've shot some indoor stuff under fluorescent lighting and the result was very pleasing.

Kodak is releasing the new Portra 160 soon which is sure to be a FAVORITE for everyone. If it's anything like the 400, every film wedding photographer will be shooting it.

For b/w, I've really liked HP5. The choices are seriously limitless. Experiment and find the look you love.
    I have ordered a 5 pack Kodak Portra 400 220...! Can't wait!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Personally, (and I need to try many more film types) I find that Portra NC or possibly the new Portra 400 is the best (subjective opinion here) for more natural skin tones. If you can use Ektar 100 under certain lighting conditions it seems to work pretty well sometimes for portraits.

I really really love the look of TriX400 for black and white portraits, it just blows my mind how awesome those always seem to look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think any ISO 400 film would be my first choice for shooting people in the middle of Summer in the Bahamas ISO 160 would IMO would be preferable, I was always taught to use the slowest film that was practicable for the job.
    Ben

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin