Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 818

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

filter and lens hood question about p67 105mm f2.4

hello all,

i have a filter and lens hood question about p67 105mm f2.4.

recently bought a pentax 67 metal lens hood and discovered i had to remove my 67mm orange filter for the lens hood to fit.

it looks like there are threads inside the lens hood, but i could not manage to fit the filter to it. wondering if someone here could give me any advice on how to solve this dilemma.

thanks,
    sg...aka kenneth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the len hood the bayonet mount type like the lens cap. My experience is only with the 90mm be I assume there the same. My guess is the filter doesn't take the bayonet.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    hi shane,

i realized today i had left out some info: the lens hood is bayonet and there is a 67mm thread on the lens...

mebbe it takes a series vi or vii drop in-behind-the hood sort of deal. i called keh and the person i spoke with had not heard about any filter-hood fitting problems...

i'll continue casting about on the 'net and see what i can find out.

i did a visual walk about on http://shane2758.fotopic.net/ and http://shane2758.fotopic.net/...and WOW!!!...what terrific landscape gems i found...and your pinhole images have me considering a try at pinhole photography. thank you for the links...i bookmarked 'em.

thanks again,
    sg aka smiling gecko aka kenneth

thanks for you response

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks for those kind word Kenneth.

If you get a original Pentax filter it should have the bayonet setup to allow the lens hood to fit on, otherwise you will need to get a standard lens hood which will screw on like normal

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin