Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,681   Online: 861

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

think i have a problem...

so I processed a roll from my "new" rollei III type II. It's hanging right now drying and I see fine lines all the way down it across the entire film...something inside scratching the film?
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here is my sad image:

I believe my settings on my camera need adjusting too, I metered and used two cameras because I was testing this one out (first use for the rollei)...and this one is a lot darker in results. I plan to send it off to be cleaned, lubed and shutters timed anyway....
    Last edited by JessicaDittmer; 02-04-2011 at 01:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure looks like scratching during transport. Can you tell if the scratches are on the emulsion side or the backing?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see it in the emulsion looks like.

tih
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe a stuck roller? The emulsion side of the film (except for the edges) should only be touching rollers during film transport, so unless one or more of them is stuck, and not rotating, there should be nothing to scratch the emulsion. (If the scratches were on the back, I'd look at the pressure plate, of course.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm investigating, they seem to roll fine, I'm wondering if this cord should not be having the film under the first roller...I read it was to be loaded this way and now am finding conflicting info...I'm downloading a manual to be sure.
    This is a 1952-53 rolleicord III type II (no red window) film winding/advance all works fine. there is a white counter on the side and it counts fine...from what I'm finding NOW...it is NOT to go under that first roller...it's to go on top so I'm to blame for my crappy neg. "user error"...and will attempt another roll when the boys get home here soon and will process and check it this afternoon....I'll post what I find...Thanks for all the help everyone, I like being here and learning!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a nice picture. Don't feel bad. Most old cameras need a tune up after you buy them. I know mine did. Be sure to mention these scratches when you send in the camera.

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaDittmer View Post
    I'm wondering if this cord should not be having the film under the first roller... This is a 1952-53 rolleicord III type II (no red window) ...
    I can't speak for the Rolleicord III but on the later Rolleicords the film does NOT go under the supply side roller, but on top of that roller.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaDittmer View Post
    I'm investigating, they seem to roll fine, I'm wondering if this cord should not be having the film under the first roller...I read it was to be loaded this way and now am finding conflicting info...I'm downloading a manual to be sure.
    I've used a Rolleicord III intermittently since about 1979 and can confirm that it should *NOT* take the film under the first roller. That's almost certainly your problem, IMHO. The film goes over both rollers. (Most Rolleiflexen, and maybe later 'cord models, have a "feeler" roller that the film goes under---I didn't know this when I first got my Rolleiflex, and I couldn't figure out why it would just advance and advance forever...)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin