Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,923   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Non-collapsible WLF for RB67

Has anyone here ever seen and used one of these RB67 finders before? If so, how well do they work?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mamiya-RB67-Pro-P...item1e615f2c88

Here is a saved copy of a photo:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RB67finder.JPG  
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm. I wonder what the use of a non-collapsible one would be. I guess the idea is that it's more stable? Maybe you can swap diopters more easily?

Sorry, haven't used one, mine are all collapsing models.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For one, it blocks stray light coming in making the screen image brighter.

2- is the adjustable magnifyer/diopter. The image is a bit enlarged and you can correct for you eyes by twisting the lens ontop.

There is a metered version that has a spot sensor you can move around to any place in the image.

Once you try it you'll never want to use a collapsable ever again.

KEH has em occasionally, if you see it grab it, they go fast.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It appears to have been modified. I think I can see the flaps of the collapsing hood below that plastic overlay that has been screwed on. The finish of the overlay does not look like Mamiya made it to me, but you never know. It is not in my Mamiya System Handbook, but that is an older book, written when the RB was a pretty new camera. I'd guess that it was a generic brand aftermarket piece. It probably blocks a little stray light entering from the sides and makes it more comfortable to rest your face on the finder by covering the metal corners. I find myself pressing my brow against the finder pretty regularly when shooting. The rigid "chimney" magnifying finder for my C series cameras is my favorite WLF I have ever used. It is my standard finder for those cameras.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 02-04-2011 at 11:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin