Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,836   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Medium Format

Looking for Mamiya Universal Accessories

I understand that there are shutter release cables that can be used with the Mamiya Universal. I have been using the grip, but wanted to attach a seperate cable to avoid shake. Does anyone have any advice or cable that I could purchase.
    I am using a 100mm 2.8 lens and would also like to find a 50mm if anyone has one to sell. Thanks I am new to the Universal and this form.
    Brian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not sure if I understand what you need, but in opinion you can use standard shooter cable for Mamiya Universal. I'm using my Mamiya for landscape, so I took the grip off and I'm using strandart cable, it works perfect.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You mentioned "standard" cable. I got mine with the grip. Is there a Mamiya cable "pusher" that is not attacted to grip or is another one that you use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was writing about standard "common" shooter cable - they are selling only one tip of it in my photo shop and I have bought this one a month ago. It works both with Mamiya and with my Nikon FM3a. I envy you your 100/2.8

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, I crossed the Hungarian border with Austria back in 1981 when still under Russian occupation. I love that area and am sure that there are great photographic opportunities. I will take camera to local shop and see what I can find.
    Enjoy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am using an old RB67 and it too uses the standard cable release, I have only once seen a cable release that wasn't standard and it was a squeazeball (air pressure release) it would not fit my 35 for anything, haven't tried the Mamiya yet. BTW good to see another Virginian here, Winchester is a great place for shooting, I go out there once in a while to camp at the Cove.
    What!? Behind the rabbit?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I almost got an old RB67 and got the Universal instead. I am actually considering a Kowa 6 with 150mm lens so as to try SLR Medium with 6x6. It is a good price.
    I have been to the Cove and worked at the local camp there in my youth. Going up on the rocks above the lake is a great place to shoot. If you are interested in going out sometime, let me know (brian.bayliss@verizon.net). WV is amazing.
    Brian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh yeah, I got the release cable and will try to find a loner one with the pump.
    Brian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin