Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,461   Online: 931

Shooter
    Medium Format

RZ67 Pro II parts

Hi all,
    I noticed an RZ Pro II body on KEH 'as-is' for $29 and my gambling nature couldn't resist! Turns out the issue was that the gear that couples the fine and coarse focusing knobs has lost some teeth which made both knobs pretty gritty. I removed the coupling gear, disabling the fine focus and giving me an RZ I + half shutter speeds.

My question is, does anyone know of a shop that carries little RZ parts like this? I tried JD Cam Tech in UK but they aren't interested in selling the parts - they want me to ship it there for them to repair which will cost far more than it's worth.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Get another one in the KEH as is bin.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera manufacturers or importers will generally only sell spare parts to registered repair companys, you could try Johnsons Photopia the U.K importers of Mamiya but I doubt if they would supply you.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-05-2011 at 06:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    MAC (Mamiya America Corp.) has sold me individual parts in the past, no problem. Such as the front scalloped hood section for the RZ 37 fisheye, or the bubble level for the Mamiya 7 43mm viewfinder. I'd give them a try.

-Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Camera manufacturers or importers will generally only sell spare parts to registered repair companys, you could try Johnsons Photopia the U.K importers of Mamiya but I doubt if they would supply you.
    That's not true anymore. They just charge alot of money for the parts but they are very nice about sending you exploded views n parts lists.

I'd say buy another junker since it will have alot more parts you can use down the line. eg:A bellows or even a knob is more expensive than buying a new body these days.

KEH has a body for $41 as is. http://www.keh.com/camera/As-Is-Came...99065681I?r=FE
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tim, Problems with the fine focusing gears stripping on the RZ ProII are somewhat common.

Buying another ProII body, in hopes of being able to cannibalize those exact same gears, may prove a waste of your time and money.
    In many cases, the ProII bodies that are sold "as-is," are discounted mainly because of gear problems.
    Fine focusing problems have become the Achilles Heel of the RZ ProII.

Depending on your abilities, one might try to convert/adapt a good set of focusing gears and shaft from a standard RZ, and just eliminate the fine focus knob, gears, and it's problems.

I don't know the compatibility of this idea, but it might be worth a go.
    Trashed Pro bodies are cheaper, (and more plentiful) then ProII bodies.
    Last edited by Marc B.; 02-06-2011 at 11:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. Removing the fine focus gear just makes the fine focus knob turn freely without doing anything, and the coarse focus works as in an RZ I, so maybe I'll just leave it as it is. I figured if there was somewhere I could get the parts at a decent price it would be worth it, but KEH wants $60 to ship a trashed RZ II to Canada so it's not really feasible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you try MAC?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin