Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,627   Online: 751

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad CFE lenses basic question

I am using Hasselblad 203FE/205FCC with F/FE/CFE lenses using the camera's focal plane shutter but can flash sync only up to 1/90 sec.

I do have the 80 CFE and 40 CFE IF. Does the C in the designation mean these lenses have a leaf shutter that I can use to synchronize the flash to a faster speed? I am thinking 1/500.

If so, I would like to operate the cameras mechanically without the focal plane shutter. Can I remove the battery from the camera (I also use the winder F and would continue to do so)? I have paranoid concern about battery leakage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A leaf shutter can be used in X flash mode with a strobe for up to 1/500 second.

As far as using the Hasselblad 203FE/205FCC with the lens [leaf] shutter, I do not know enough of the details to comment. Check out http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu and the great old stand bye http://www.hasselbladinfo.com.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you worry about battery leakage, put in a fresh battery once a year, and you'll be fine.
    I wouldn't worry, though. Just take the battery out when you store the camera for any longer period of non-use.

But yes, you can remove the battery and use it as a mechanical machine. Just put the camera's shutter speed ring to "C".

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin