Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,875   Online: 1048

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Regardless of the issues with cocking the lens and the limited aperture, I don't think I would want a 250mm lens for my Mamiya C if someone offered to give me one, I've tried one and it makes the camera too front heavy and hard to handle.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rulnacco View Post
    I've got the 180 Super. It's one heck of a lens. Very sharp, excellent contrast. I've sort of fallen out of love with my C330f since getting an RB67, at least as far as portrait work, but the 180 TLR lens is indeed capable of some beautiful results.
    Can I check with you, what filter size you use with this lens?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The 180mm Super is one of the best Mamiya lenses I have used. Super sharp and corner to corner coverage (although parallax can be an issue).

The 250mm is not sharp. Quite soft and must be stopped down to f22 for anything resembling a 6x6 image. My 35mm setup actually shoots better zoom even with 4x less negative real estate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 180 and 250mm lenses use 49mm filters. Though you need slim ones to fit two. Look up 'Mamiya TLR System Summary' for the lens specifications.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamp View Post
    The 180 and 250mm lenses use 49mm filters. Though you need slim ones to fit two. Look up 'Mamiya TLR System Summary' for the lens specifications.
    Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin